• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Weird Looking Edge Light.

Country
nigeria
I'm trying to create custom taxiway edge lights for my scenery but whenever I turn on HDR in P3D the lights look horrible. Please help :) I have attached screenshots of the problem.

2020-2-2_0-24-27-593.png

2020-2-2_0-23-54-971.png

Country
nigeria
So with th

@Raheem Adeleke
So with the source blend to ONE I can see them better but I can see the shape of the square transparent texture. Anyway you can share your transparent texture so I can conduct an experiment ?

View attachment 62401

Thanks.
I use two textures a black texture (which displays nothing) for day and the light texture for night, destination and blend source are set to "one". I have attached the textures

Attachments

• twy_night.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 81
Country
us-newyork
this glow happens during sunrise, and sunset. I wonder how to eliminate it. I feel that I've attempted most options within MCX. It's the sim lighting the transparent alpha day time texture. Is there anyone that can help me with this?
Thanks.
Screenshot 2020-10-02 20.32.38.png

Country
us-newyork
How do the two framebuffer blend settings look?
If both are set to one you don't need alpha in your textures.
They aren't both set to one. Both images are transparent. The day one is InvSrcAlpha and the Source Blend SrcColor.

So I can remake my maps with no alpha and just black? that way I can tune them both to one. ?
let me try that.

Country
us-newyork
How do the two framebuffer blend settings look?
If both are set to one you don't need alpha in your textures.
Screenshot 2020-10-04 14.29.39.png

I think the fact that both map are fully black works well. The light lights up very powerfully on setting ONE. So on the screenshot is on SrcColor.
Just need to work around the edges and calibrate it as it seems the map for some reason restarts it's repetitive job. I'll keep budging with it later on the day.
Thanks @dave hoeffgen