ADE Wish List

Set the Altitude of Helipad's Please. Currently they sit at airport Height.

EDIT - this has been done - Jon

Last edited by a moderator:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
then you might wait a long time since there is no function available to delete stock Navaids and I am not aware that it was added in v5

and I am not aware that it was added in v5
officially no, same as the broken sdk(exclude section) was not fixed:confused:
but the method described by me above works fine, but it is not so convenient...
it would be convenient to do this in the program interface by pressing a single key and not manual work with the .XML code :stirthepo

Last edited:
Jon, I would be very interested in having the ability to not only "select all" MDLs from the MDL list, but after doing so, have the ability to change the physical location for all MDLs listed to a new folder location. Currently "each" MDL in the list has to be edited individually.
Thanks for ADE, I use it daily and would be totally lost without it. AWESOME!!

Here’s my pitch again for SODE jetways. I'd like to have an option in ADE where it could read the airport's SODE XML file and place the static model of the jetway marked as locked and force skip compile. This would allow easier adjustment of the relationship between gate location and the jetway. I'm only interested in the jetway model used as a guide.

Generally, what I do now is open the ADE file in SODE Placer, add jetways without exactly placing them and then move them around while SODE Placer is connected to P3d. Often the default gates in a stock airport are not placed correctly versus the real world ADE background photo, such that it is then necessary to close everything and go back to ADE to move the misplaced parking gates. Showing the location of the SODE jetways in ADE would be very helpful.

Hi Jon, here is my list...
  • Punching holes in polygons would be nice (like in SBX)
  • Punching holes in aprons (often lower prior areas are like inlays in aprons)
  • Turning and flipping aprons (mirroring horizontal and vertically) - e.g. for runway extensions
  • grouping all kind of objects (e.g. library objects, if possible even polygons and lines) in order to re-arrange them e.g. turn them in a fixed relation
  • roads with traffic would be nice
There are more, but....

Keep heathy (all of you!).

My list would be :
- the ability to import a background image which is more than 7,5mb
- (this may be a problem on my side) to make ADE less laggy when big background imagaes are uploaded
Thanks!

Envoyé de mon PRA-LX1 en utilisant Tapatalk

Bingo!!! I have a great idea!! Why don't you add new different colors of the water? Blue, Green, brown, greyish, pink/red, and algae. You can draw water to option pick color water near the airport that would be a fantastic reality to overlook scenery!

Stuart

Last edited:
Rotate view to align (exactly) with a selected path/taxi/runway link and/or rotate view to a desired heading (view would rotate so the the UP direction matches the desired heading)

Hi!
I've been looking into altitude properties in ADE, while it is possible to "Set Altitude to FS" in flatten vertexes, when connected to P3D, it is not for taxiway links.
Please, consider adding the button "Set Altitude to FS" even for nodes and links, as well as airplane parking, I hope ADE is capable of handling it.
It would be a great aid when building airports on flattens.

Thanks!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The only time that node, links and parking have an altitude property is in P3Dv5 Sloped Airports. ADE supports these in version 1.78. Altitude properties do not exist for these elements in versions earlier than v5 and are ignored by the v5 compiler if the airport sloped property is set to false. Or are you referring to v5 sloped airports?

The only time that node, links and parking have an altitude property is in P3Dv5 Sloped Airports. ADE supports these in version 1.78. Altitude properties do not exist for these elements in versions earlier than v5 and are ignored by the v5 compiler if the airport sloped property is set to false. Or are you referring to v5 sloped airports?
I am referring to V5 sloped airports.
I am imaging the situation where one puts a flatten under the airport and wants to make a sloped one, in order to place taxi nodes, one should navigate with his plane in P3D over the flatten and set each altitude on the nodes connecting P3D to ADE, if a "Set Altitude to FS" is possible in nodes and parkings as well, this would ease all this process.

connomar

Resource contributor
Just as a memory jog in case it is needed, the ability to import Apron XML Descriptors via Import XML command. Currently accepts it but does nothing with it.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Just as a memory jog in case it is needed, the ability to import Apron XML Descriptors via Import XML command. Currently accepts it but does nothing with it.
Can you explain a bit more please