• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA ZBAA Beijing International Airport for FSX

Country
switzerland
Nope, that's actually not the scenery I've got... mine is from a developer called AI-China... or so...

Can't recognize the one you linked... but it Looks cool as well... sadly once again FSX only...
I would love to have a good rendition of ZBAA for FS9. Since mine is not as good... cause it looks unfinished... and I'm not happy with the blurry photoreal texture only...
I whished there where better ground textures...

Country
singapore
Wow. That's really a lot of lines. That's so many times more than my project and I can imagine how tough it is. Don't give up!!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Some more progression. I think I will continue with the buildings until all the ground poly are done. Just only signs and line make me blind already.
ZBAA006.jpg
ZBAA005.jpg
ZBAA004.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
This looks great...

I have been unable to get the FSX scenery for ZBAA to work so far so if this works on P3D that would be brilliant!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Control Tower in Gmax. Just to let you know the project is not dead yet. I use the photo to make template. So the model will match the real thing as much as possible. The tower upfront is the model. The photo you need to do the template need to be as far as possible to decrease distortion of the lens yet remain the detail enough to make the model. The photo is outdated back to
2006. The advertising panel has changed.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Terminal 3 and terminal 2 are done. Terminal1 will start soon. I have used 3 texture sheets only. The less texture sheets numbers, the more fps it will be. For such a big airport I cannot use too many textures.
More detail on advertising board and walk way from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.

Country
us-texas
Tic this is outstanding. Please do your best to keep this project moving forward. This really is going to be a major achievement and I am sure it will be a top seller.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Tic this is outstanding. Please do your best to keep this project moving forward. This really is going to be a major achievement and I am sure it will be a top seller.
Thanks for your comment, Ripcord.
I have done 2 big airports, VTBS and WMKK, and now I know that why big companies do not take these airports.
I think the main reason it takes so much time before revenue is back after a lot of investment including time and money.
After the project is completed and put on sell, it does not take long to be on Pirate website.
So, it does not seem to be a logical investment.
Nevertheless, I have fun with it. I will keep doing even it will take years.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks Chenquiao. Those photos are very helpful. Please keep posting. I think I need to add some more detail to the model since some views are not available for me.