• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
indonesia
so it not kind of 1 time payment? or even not talking about it? :rotfl:
I just hope it is 1 time payment, no subscribe or monthly/yearly payment.

Thanks Bill

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Promising rhetoric. Let's see if MS will deliver this time around. I change my status to "carefully optimistic". :scratchch

Country
netherlandsantilles
I believe what they meant is that you can buy it without subscription as well, my two cents...

Country
canada
I’m interested in the PS hint. MS FSX. Whaaaaaaaat? Take back control of FSX

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
One very important question has been unequivocally answered: there will be an SDK!
August (Mid/Late) – Development Roadmap Release (v.2019.08/drr1)
  • Development beats through EOY 2019
    • Build Program Recruitment and Release timeline
    • SDK Update
    • 3rd Party Content Update
    • UGC Content Update

Country
canada
And I assume UGC means User Generated Content. UGC Content Update -> is User Generated Content content update. So the SDK will be freely available? Not some "developer license" required. Putting it out there, because MS is lurking - reading these posts.

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
While I despise the project management aspect (ugh, as if I'm at work) of the announcement, I like the display of humor and the sledgehammer approach to notifying the community that they do care.

I wonder if they've soaked up some personnel from Dovetail's flightsim division or even ACES...

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
There's been speculation about backwards compatibility. I don't see why not. The MDL and BGL file formats from FSX are simply data. Programs can be written to take advantage of that data. And programs can be written to translate that data to other formats. The same can be said of missions from FSX. Seeing as this issue is a major concern of old-time simmers, and seeing as the inclusion of data will not affect performance in any way, it would be pretty dumb not to have backwards compatibility. The core or engine may be completely different, but data is still data. Stuff that relies on FSUIPC might be a challenge...

What would be interesting is if P3D compiled data would be compatible with Dos Equis.

Country
argentina
Hey Microsoft guy, if you're reading this too, say Hi! to my Mom (Is Her birthday today)

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
My current message to the Microsoft Guy is to quit reading this stuff and get back to work! Tick-tock!

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
There's been speculation about backwards compatibility. I don't see why not. The MDL and BGL file formats from FSX are simply data. Programs can be written to take advantage of that data. And programs can be written to translate that data to other formats. The same can be said of missions from FSX. Seeing as this issue is a major concern of old-time simmers, and seeing as the inclusion of data will not affect performance in any way, it would be pretty dumb not to have backwards compatibility. The core or engine may be completely different, but data is still data. Stuff that relies on FSUIPC might be a challenge...

It's all possible yes, but I really don't think that the dev team should waste too much effort on this. If the new file formats are adequately documented, community-developed conversion tools are likely to pop up sooner or later, just as they did for FSX.

Hey Microsoft guy, if you're reading this too, say Hi! to my Mom (Is Her birthday today)

Hope she's having a good one!

Country
canada
So .... They are taking back "partial" control of FSX! Wow.

In 2014 Microsoft entered into an agreement allowing Dovetail Games to bring Flight Simulator X to Steam. Today, we are announcing that we’ve reached the end of our partnership agreement.
We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to Dovetail Games for the partnership they’ve provided over the past 5 years. Going forward, Microsoft will take over support of Flight Simulator X and we look forward to sharing our next steps with the community in the very near future.

Reactions: fs1
Country
scotland
Got a source for that?

https://www.flightsimulator.com/

The Microsoft Flight Simulator Team said:
That passion, investment, and appreciation must be recognized
and reflected in our commitment to carry the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise
into the next generation.

We are not building on,
but building from,
the product and history that is Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Today, with a bit of bittersweet sentiment, we say “Welcome Home” to an old friend."

HTH
ATB
Paul

Last edited:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
OK. That just seems a bit weird to me. Maybe they'll fix the Jeppensen real-time weather for FSX...

Country
netherlandsantilles
...or maybe just a little maybe they will add that Azure satellite terrain streaming thingy for FSX as well?? ..here comes Hairyspin with his popcorn...:rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.