• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Custom Jetways

Country
germany
There are many new bugs. For example, clicking on show errors (the red field) crashed my sim. And after Build there is a message behind the error window and I can only use Alt F4 to close the error window and click the message. I organized all Gates, Ramps in Groups. After the update all groups are in a mess. I expect, the same will be with the GUIDs of the Jetways, which are linked to Gates. So they are not shown.
I could solve the problem only with deleting Gates. Save Scenery, Build. Close Project. Close sim. Than again start the sim, open project, check the gates are really gone. If yes, add new gates. Save scenery, try to Build. Without complete new start of the sim, it crashed.
Also my history of airports are now different from before the update. My last airports are no longer in history, but some airports I used months ago are.
In X-Plane everything is in one place. ASOBO spread all data in folders and harddrives like a virus. And it seems, at the end, they do not know where which data are.:p

Country
russia
After clicking the "Build" button, all objects disappear. Only restarting the simulator helps.

Country
canada
After clicking the "Build" button, all objects disappear. Only restarting the simulator helps.
Yup, and 95% of the time its a ctd.

Also in dev mode my animations, jetways, Calvert lights, are all fine then on export they are all not there. Also some prop items are gone....so discouraging.

Country
senegal
Yup, and 95% of the time its a ctd.

Also in dev mode my animations, jetways, Calvert lights, are all fine then on export they are all not there. Also some prop items are gone....so discouraging.
I was thinking of coming back to finishing my current scenery project but it seems like now is not a good time with all these problems I'm reading. How could they have missed these during Beta testing is beyond me. We need an SDK update.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I was thinking of coming back to finishing my current scenery project but it seems like now is not a good time with all these problems I'm reading. How could they have missed these during Beta testing is beyond me. We need an SDK update.
As I understand it, the beta team DID point out several issues, and these were Ignored by Asobo.

Country
germany
Yes, it helps to press Alt F4. Than the error window close and you can see a message box. You can click now ok in it and it will close. Such a simple aspect like z-handling of a window in windows (WINDOW in WINDOWS) is not programmed properly. It's a shame.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
I hope they get an SDK update out quickly. I'm sure they were trying to release on time but this is not good for developers.
There was a hotfix today. And the latest version of the SDK is now 0.14.0 which I also believe was released today.

Country
canada
dont get your guys hopes up - for me nothing changed. Still no jetways or my animated simobjects on export :(

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Does anyone else notice the new SDK has no samples? No SDK samples and no SimConnect Samples?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I see. The SDK examples are now a separate download.

We might want to change our Windows Environmental Variables:

Untitled.png

This will now point to where I have my SDK copied.

Country
unitedstates
Is there a mod that makes the default jetways longer? The current default jetways are way to short when retracted compared to IRL. P3D/FSX got it right though (or at least semi realistic) without it looking like a over sharpened pencil.

Country
ukraine
Hi guys. While SU5 has completely broken the SDK, I'm trying to make a jetway with a stair. Does anybody have a proper bone setup for this stair to work? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 211
Country
senegal
Hi guys. While SU5 has completely broken the SDK, I'm trying to make a jetway with a stair. Does anybody have a proper bone setup for this stair to work? Thanks
I also want to know. It will need to tilt around the top and have its wheels rotate.