• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Custom Jetways

Country
ukraine
I also want to know. It will need to tilt around the top and have its wheels rotate.
Well I'm not really bothered about those smaller wheels since they aren't that big of a deal. But I'll try to figure out the stair part on the weekend.

Country
france
Hi,

Since SU4, and now SU5, every build of my package leads to that kind of error :

1628515119994.png

I am using the sample without any modifications with 3DS MAX 2021, SDK up to date... Does the same with my custom jetway which used to work until SU4.
So I tried to change the object properties deleting every lines except BJS GUID.

1628515266662.png

Even tried an early version of 3DS with no success.

Any idea ?

Country
ukraine
No luck with foldable stairs, we'll have to fold them for now. The IK chain is built specifically for MSFS to understand. If someone ever succeeds with this - let us know.

Country
malaysia
Hi all,
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! After contemplating replacing the glitching default jetways I'm using at my airport with something I could at least control the LOD settings with this morning, it's just passed midnight here and I have a fully custom one now.
Thanks again.

Country
england
Hi,

Since SU4, and now SU5, every build of my package leads to that kind of error :

View attachment 75927

I am using the sample without any modifications with 3DS MAX 2021, SDK up to date... Does the same with my custom jetway which used to work until SU4.
So I tried to change the object properties deleting every lines except BJS GUID.

View attachment 75928

Even tried an early version of 3DS with no success.

Any idea ?

I am having the exact same issue. Spent 2 days trying to figure it out and no luck...

If anyone else has this issue, please do share any results, as I'm pulling my hair out here... 😊

Country
italy
anybody had luck weightpainting the Hood animation? Seems like I'm really finding it a bit of a challenge :D But it might be me unexperienced by that side :)

Country
ukraine
I am having the exact same issue. Spent 2 days trying to figure it out and no luck...

If anyone else has this issue, please do share any results, as I'm pulling my hair out here... 😊
Yes, the same error and scenery can't build the gate model. How to resolve this? Thanks

Country
russia
Hi. Creating my jetway, I ran into one problem. When I start moving on the ramp, the outermost part circled in the screenshot drops sharply by several degrees and stays in this position until the ramp is in its original place. I used the bones from the SDK samples as the basis. At first I thought I was doing something wrong. But when I took and exported the default gangway from the SDK, it was exactly the same way the bow is lowered. I've been struggling with this for two days now. Please help.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Country
germany
Looks like the chain of the connected nodes are wrong. The base of the jetway only will move up and down. The round part only turns to right and left. The behavior is set in the xml file with constrains. There is no need for bones, only for the hood animation. I made a tutorial you can find here:
Custom Jetway Tutorial

Country
russia
Похоже, цепочка подключенных узлов неправильная. Только основание трапа будет двигаться вверх и вниз. Круглая часть поворачивается только вправо и влево. Поведение задается в XML-файле с ограничениями. Кости не нужны, только анимация капюшона. Я сделал учебник, который вы можете найти здесь:
Пользовательское руководство по Jetway
Привет. Спасибо за помощь. Дело в том, что это все еще проблема с симкой. Как и все дефолтные, также опустите голову. И даже кастомные. Попробуйте первый раз забежать на стоянку и подключить пандус, все будет хорошо, зайдите в главное меню и вернитесь в тот же порт на стоянке. Голова опустится.

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi guys. While SU5 has completely broken the SDK, I'm trying to make a jetway with a stair. Does anybody have a proper bone setup for this stair to work? Thanks
Has anyone found a way to setup this? I’ve seen the tutorial video from @Peter Hornfeck where the stairs are animated.
It would be very kind if someone shared their method about this.
Thanks

Country
germany
Hello, no the stairs are not animated. Maybe it looks like, but so far I did not found a way to animate the stairs. And I own some airports of very good developers, which have no animated jetways. They also have no sound for the jetway. It seems, this is not working in the current FS2020 versions.

Country
us-florida
Hello, someone here can probably help me.

I have opened the example jetway from the sdk to modify the modeling a bit (flat on the sides and top), I am able to export it correctly and load it in my project, but the jetway does not connect to the airplane.

I also tried opening the gltf with blender and modifying it, but once I export, the wheel part and the hood do not show up.

Country
indonesia
Hello, someone here can probably help me.

I have opened the example jetway from the sdk to modify the modeling a bit (flat on the sides and top), I am able to export it correctly and load it in my project, but the jetway does not connect to the airplane.

I also tried opening the gltf with blender and modifying it, but once I export, the wheel part and the hood do not show up.
Yes, I have the same problem as this, the jetway won't connect to the plane

Country
senegal
I even forgot I started this topic years ago!

It's only now that I was able to animate my jetway properly in Blender following a tutorial on YouTube, however the hood is still not good.

I'm having an issue finding a way to animate the rigged linkage connection on the side of the jetway, I don't know its proper name but you can see in my image below.
Screenshot 2023-08-30 090004.png

It's properly rigged and each of its two empties are parented to one of the main Empty01 and Empty02.

Do I need to animate them like the hood parts?

Here is my xml as well:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModelInfo guid="{0ef4fb46-0a93-4357-8df3-5345cb8d0629}" version="1.1">
    <LODS>
        <LOD minSize="0" ModelFile="Devinci_KROC_Jetway_LOD00.gltf"/>
    </LODS>

<Animation name="Link_Deployment_L" guid="f993fae1-e8b1-47b5-940d-5cb1b624f0cc" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Link_Deployment_R" guid="b09319d2-ec96-445e-9395-ea6ef3182542" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Link_Bend_L" guid="6AE01FE9-9BFD-4234-9932-36D4B8D65B5F" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Link_Bend_R" guid="D06BC1D3-4F30-4E0F-90E0-32199272D27B" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Link_Horizontal_Top" guid="344B7B33-23CA-4A80-8C2A-9303E2F08189" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Link_Vertical_Top" guid="335BBE27-3C59-4D0D-B6E0-9B793BA03387" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Wheel_Rotation" guid="3510798D-EE26-4264-A532-0E81959618BB" type="Standard"/>
    <Animation name="Wheel_Orientation" guid="B4E328E8-6D7B-4EE8-AE90-9B88F69D4545" type="Standard"/>

<IKChain Name="IK_MainHandle">
        <Start>Rotation_Base</Start>
        <End>Pivot</End>
        <TranslationSpeed>0.4</TranslationSpeed> <!-- Meters per second for each Node compared to its parent -->
        <RotationSpeed>3</RotationSpeed> <!-- Degrees per second for each Node compared to its parent -->
    </IKChain>

<IKChain Name="IK_SecondaryHandle">
        <Start>Pivot</Start>
        <End>Contact</End>
        <TranslationSpeed>0.4</TranslationSpeed>
        <RotationSpeed>30</RotationSpeed>
    </IKChain>

<IKChain Name="IK_WheelsGroundLock">
        <Start>SliderTop</Start>
        <End>GroundEmpty</End>
        <TranslationSpeed>10</TranslationSpeed>
        <RotationSpeed>90</RotationSpeed>
    </IKChain>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>Rotation_Base</Node>
        <Heading/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>EmptyPitch</Node>
        <Bank min="-12.6" max="9.3"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>Empty01</Node>
        <X min="0.00" max="5.25"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>Empty02</Node>
        <X min="0.0" max="9.0"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>arm1_start</Node>
        <X min="0.0" max="5.0"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>arm2_end</Node>
        <X min="0.0" max="5.0"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>Pivot</Node>
        <Pitch/>
        <Bank/>
        <Heading/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>SliderTop</Node>
        <Y min="5.764" max="5.764"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<IKConstraint>
        <Node>GroundEmpty</Node>
        <Y min="-5.764" max="-5.764"/>
        <X min="-10.0" max="20.0"/>
    </IKConstraint>

<Behaviors>
        <Include ModelBehaviorFile="Asobo\Misc\SimObjects.xml"/>

<Component ID="Hood">
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Left_Bend">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Bend_L</ANIM_NAME>
                <PERCENT_PER_SECOND>50</PERCENT_PER_SECOND> <!-- Speed of the animation -->
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Left_Deployment">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Deployment_L</ANIM_NAME>
                <DEGREE_PER_SECOND>20</DEGREE_PER_SECOND>
                <MIN_ANGLE>0</MIN_ANGLE>
                <MAX_ANGLE>45</MAX_ANGLE>
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Right_Bend">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Bend_R</ANIM_NAME>
                <PERCENT_PER_SECOND>50</PERCENT_PER_SECOND> <!-- Speed of the animation -->
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Right_Deployment">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Deployment_R</ANIM_NAME>
                <DEGREE_PER_SECOND>20</DEGREE_PER_SECOND>
                <MIN_ANGLE>0</MIN_ANGLE>
                <MAX_ANGLE>45</MAX_ANGLE>
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Top_Horizontal">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Horizontal_Top</ANIM_NAME>
                <PERCENT_PER_SECOND>100</PERCENT_PER_SECOND> <!-- Speed of the animation -->
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Hood_Top_Vertical">
                <ANIM_NAME>Link_Vertical_Top</ANIM_NAME>
                <PERCENT_PER_SECOND>100</PERCENT_PER_SECOND> <!-- Speed of the animation -->
            </UseTemplate>

<UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Wheel_Roll">
                <ANIM_NAME>Wheel_Rotation</ANIM_NAME>
                <WHEEL_RADIUS>0.685</WHEEL_RADIUS>
            </UseTemplate>
            <UseTemplate Name="ASOBO_Jetway_Wheel_Orientation">
                <ANIM_NAME>Wheel_Orientation</ANIM_NAME>
                <MIN_ANGLE>-90</MIN_ANGLE>
                <MAX_ANGLE>90</MAX_ANGLE>
                <MIN_TO_MAX>1</MIN_TO_MAX> <!-- 1 if the anim starts at min and ends at max -->
                <SPEED>30</SPEED> <!-- degrees per sec -->
                <SMOOTH_TIME_FACTOR>0.3</SMOOTH_TIME_FACTOR>
            </UseTemplate>
        </Component>

</Behaviors>

</ModelInfo>

Country
senegal
I got my hood working perfectly now. Make sure to disable these two settings on your exporter options:
Screenshot 2023-08-31 095852.png

Now I started making my custom jetway and getting rid of the Asobo one. Still couldn't figure out a way to animate the linkage connector properly:
Screenshot 2023-08-31 100047.png

Country
senegal
Well looks like when I disable those two options in particular the "Always Sample Animations", my wheel orientation and rotation don't work properly anymore.

So I can't have both the hood and the wheel animations working at the same time.

I wonder if this might be a bug?

Edit: Found the solution right away: Make sure you add intermediate keyframes to your animation for instance don't animate the wheel rotation with only two keyframes such as from 0 to 359 degrees. Add a keyframe every 90 degrees.

Then you can disable "Awlays Sample Animation" to get your hood working at the same time as your wheel animations.

Last edited: