• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

(SOLVED) Objects not showing in Airport Design Editor.

Country
australia
I am trying to upload a custom object into ADE
Here is my workflow:
1. Model the object in Sketch Up and export as COLLADA.
2. Convert COLLADA to MDL using Model Converter X
3. Import MDL file into a BGL library and upload to ADE.
4. I then save the file and compile into FSX.
When I opened FSX, my other changes have had effect but my object is not showing.
Any help would be appreciated. :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK at step 3 I assume you created a library bgl file containing the model or did you add the model (mdl) directly to ADE?

If you created a library bgl file then please confirm that you added information about the model via the Library Object Manager (LOM) and then placed the object in the ADE display?

If you created a library bgl then you also need to add that and any textures into an active scenery folder in Sim (the same place you put the compiled airport bgl file generated with ADE) Did you do that?

Adding an object via a library bgl to ADE is not enough to get it displayed since you are just telling ADE about the object but not including the mdl itself. If you add the mdl file directly to the project using List > Models then the object will get compiled into the airport bgl file.

Country
australia
OK at step 3 I assume you created a library bgl file containing the model or did you add the model (mdl) directly to ADE?

If you created a library bgl file then please confirm that you added information about the model via the Library Object Manager (LOM) and then placed the object in the ADE display?

If you created a library bgl then you also need to add that and any textures into an active scenery folder in Sim (the same place you put the compiled airport bgl file generated with ADE) Did you do that?

Adding an object via a library bgl to ADE is not enough to get it displayed since you are just telling ADE about the object but not including the mdl itself. If you add the mdl file directly to the project using List > Models then the object will get compiled into the airport bgl file.
I used library creator x to make the bgl library.
I will try putting the textures and the library into the folder.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Country
australia

I tried putting the object and textures into the addon scenery folder, but the object is still not showing

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I tried putting the object and textures into the addon scenery folder, but the object is still not showing

You put the library bgl you created into addon scenery\scenery and textures into addon scenery\texture ?