• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 18 Released

Country
austria
Certainly, this message tells me to check the path of the models, but everything is there.

Kalle

Attachments

• footprint.png
    footprint.png
    95 KB · Views: 52

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK this may be an ADE issue or something else. Can you please use Project > Backup to zip the project. This will be saved in the root folder you set for projects. Email the zip to me - jon AT scruffyduck DOT org. It will help me to see what is going on

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks, I will look into into it later today

Country
panama
I opened an airport made with ADE18 in MSFS to edit it and everything looked as if all was fine. I added some objects which could not load in ADE saved them, proceeded to compile and received No errors. Opened the airport but None of the objects I placed appeared!....

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I assume you built the project inside the sim and not with ADE?

Country
us-california
What is the best way to upgrade to 18 from 17?
Are the hot fixes incorporated in the full version now, or do I need to install 18, and 3 separate hot fix files?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
What is the best way to upgrade to 18 from 17?
Are the hot fixes incorporated in the full version now, or do I need to install 18, and 3 separate hot fix files?
There is only one cumulative hot fix file. Install the main alpha 18 into a new location - don't overwrite alpha 17 and don't delete it for the time being. Then used the hot fix file to update the main alpha 18 installation.

There will be a Hotfix 4 probably later today (Monday) so you might want to wait for that.

Please read the notes on alpha 18 about making copies of existing projects to use with it.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Alpha 18 Hotfix 4 is now available from the Top post in this thread

Country
us-california
Do you know if there is a dead grass color in Apron colors, that will match brown grass in simulator? I found lovely green grass, but not what we have in Southern California, most of the year.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Do you know if there is a dead grass color in Apron colors, that will match brown grass in simulator? I found lovely green grass, but not what we have in Southern California, most of the year.
There are a number of grass surfaces you can try. For example Grass_Decal01

1617686077912.png

1617686103873.png

Unfortunately ADE does not display the correct color/surface yet

1617686228648.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is another shot of that material

1617686925116.png

Country
panama
I opened an airport made with ADE18 in MSFS to edit it and everything looked as if all was fine. I added some objects which could not load in ADE saved them, proceeded to compile and received No errors. Opened the airport but None of the objects I placed appeared!....
I built it in ADE

Country
us-newyork
Fresh install of Alpha 18... Using SDK 0.11

If Navigraph Beta nav data is present in the Community folder, when I try to open a stock airport, when it comes to the step of "generate files and folders" for the project, an error window pops up that says "Base file not found"

If I remove Navigraph, there is no error and the base airport project is created.

The original fs-base (APX) and fs-base-nav (NAX) files still exist in the Official \OneStore folder when Navigraph is present - Navigraph just puts its own overrides in the Community folder, but I assumed that had no effect unless the sim was actually running?

The presence of Navigraph had no negative effect in Alpha 14, which was the last version of ADE I used prior to the new install of Alpha 18.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Fresh install of Alpha 18... Using SDK 0.11

If Navigraph Beta nav data is present in the Community folder, when I try to open a stock airport, when it comes to the step of "generate files and folders" for the project, an error window pops up that says "Base file not found"

If I remove Navigraph, there is no error and the base airport project is created.

The original fs-base (APX) and fs-base-nav (NAX) files still exist in the Official \OneStore folder when Navigraph is present - Navigraph just puts its own overrides in the Community folder, but I assumed that had no effect unless the sim was actually running?

The presence of Navigraph had no negative effect in Alpha 14, which was the last version of ADE I used prior to the new install of Alpha 18.
  • Is this the MS or Steam Editions?
  • Is the path to the Content Folder what you expect? - should point to the root of the Official and Community Folders
1617776167825.png

• Do you still have alpha 14 installed and does it work with the current Navigraph data installed?

As far as I can recall there is no difference in the way that ADE finds the base folder in A18 than A14 The path to the fs-base folders if slightly different between the MS and Steam editions. ADE then uses an index to find the correct folder and file for the base airport.

To be clear are you saying that just removing the Navigraph package(s) from the Community Folder does allow ADE to find the base folder? If so then it would seem more likely to be something changed in Navigraph.

Country
us-newyork
  • Is this the MS or Steam Editions?
  • Is the path to the Content Folder what you expect? - should point to the root of the Official and Community Folders
View attachment 71833
  • Do you still have alpha 14 installed and does it work with the current Navigraph data installed?

As far as I can recall there is no difference in the way that ADE finds the base folder in A18 than A14 The path to the fs-base folders if slightly different between the MS and Steam editions. ADE then uses an index to find the correct folder and file for the base airport.

To be clear are you saying that just removing the Navigraph package(s) from the Community Folder does allow ADE to find the base folder? If so then it would seem more likely to be something changed in Navigraph.
Yes, ADE has the correct paths to the configs, SDK and to the content root folder, which on my machine is a custom location: “E:\Content” and which contains Community and OneStore.

Alpha 14 was working with Navigraph present, but it has been a while since I last used it, and I uninstalled it before installing Alpha 18.

The. Navigraph installer does modify Content.xml so that its files are layered correctly in the overall scenery system, so perhaps that is what is causing the issue.

With Navigraph present, ADE will throw the error message about “Base file missing” when creating a new project using a stock airport. Merely running the Navigraph uninstaller will allow ADE to create new stock projects with no errors.

It’s not a major problem. I was curious though if you had received other reports of this problem.

Last edited: