• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE 2020 Alpha 21 HF5

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Buongiorno, mi potete dire per piacere come si fa a mettere i dati corretti sulla creazione delle ILS o RNAV o procedure?
This is an English only forum. Please be kind enough to make your posts in English. If You have difficulty in that language then there are a number of translation engines on the internet which can help

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
a cosa serve alt m1 alt m2? Cosa significa course deg? Thetha Deg? Voglio creare una Star! Come si mettono i parametri, angolo di discesa, quote ecc..?

This is an English only forum. Please be kind enough to make your posts in English. If You have difficulty in that language then there are a number of translation engines on the internet which can help

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Luco. You must post in English if you truly want an answer. The forum uses English. You can use a translator such as Google Translate to get the English you need, and then use it again to read the answer.

The ADE manual covers nearly all the answers you need. http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade_2020_help/ Again, Google translate can convert this to Italian.

Country
italy
Good morning, I did not find the answer to my question and I did not find an answer in Hades. On the manual they only explain how to create the ILS, but not the parameters to be entered!

Country
italy
Hello, can you please tell me how to put the correct data on the creation of ILS or RNAV or procedures?

What is ALT M1 ALT M2 used for? What does course deg mean? Thetha Deg? I want to create a Star! How do you put the parameters, angle of descent, dimensions etc ..?

Country
canada
I think there is an error in ADE re <DeleteNavigation>

I am finding it outside the Airport tag. so it deletes all world navigation. when building a project from an MSFS bgl
SU11 SDK has a warning.

SimpleNavData​

This sample project is designed to show you some of the ways you can create Navigation Data (NavData) for flights in the simulation. The sample does two things when built:

• Removes ALL NavData from the world (waypoints , terminal NDB, ILS, approaches, departures, etc...)
  • Adds in NavDat for the Bordeaux Saucats Airport LFCS (frequencies, departures, routes, etc...
The sample is intended to be studied and understood so you can create your own packages with NavData included.

IMPORTANT! The sample shows the NavData being cleared for the world using the <DeleteNavigation> tag in the XML, outside of the <Airport> tag. This is not standard practice and should not be done by your own packages. This has been done to illustrate how that tag works, and to make it easier/more obvious to see the new NavData added at LFCS.

Country
italy
I attach the Aviano USB project. In this file have been inserted the procedures reserved for the US military. Unfortunately when I enter the simulator on all the fix points (except the last) RW are at the start of the procedure.

Attachments

• AVIANOFSX-FS2020.zip
    461.8 KB · Views: 91

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom

I am finding it outside the Airport tag. so it deletes all world navigation. when building a project from an MSFS bgl
SU11 SDK has a warning.

SimpleNavData​

This sample project is designed to show you some of the ways you can create Navigation Data (NavData) for flights in the simulation. The sample does two things when built:

• Removes ALL NavData from the world (waypoints , terminal NDB, ILS, approaches, departures, etc...)
  • Adds in NavDat for the Bordeaux Saucats Airport LFCS (frequencies, departures, routes, etc...
The sample is intended to be studied and understood so you can create your own packages with NavData included.

IMPORTANT! The sample shows the NavData being cleared for the world using the <DeleteNavigation> tag in the XML, outside of the <Airport> tag. This is not standard practice and should not be done by your own packages. This has been done to illustrate how that tag works, and to make it easier/more obvious to see the new NavData added at LFCS.
Ron

The XML Schema shows that DeleteNavigation is a top level child

1667209529058.png

Thus it appears at the top level in the XML source

1667209808119.png

I think that element is a waste of time and its not clear why it exists. So ADE honors it but by default sets all values to false.

Are you saying that this element should be inside the airport element tag?

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin

SU11 SDK has a warning.

SimpleNavData​

SU11 has not been released. Moving the deletion inside the airport definition currently causes an error with SU10. Once SU11 is released, Jon (and Patrick Germain) may be able to alter the code.

Country
canada
Apolgize for the confusion - did not think this was an SU11 issue. I did mention the missing description in the SDK on the dev hub site (only DeleteAirport tag remains). No mention of DeleteNavigation.

Country
canada
Changing the subject. I have two errors that I can't get rind of. This is from the fault finder dialog.
1. the runway start is missing or the number is incorrect.
2. There is now a maximum number of aprons > 254 - as the default airports now have more than 254 it seems (again SU11). (FYI) CYXU is the airport.
Are there ay special things for airport runway starts? Do they connect to taxipaths? This does not cause any issues. I just like to get rid of errors.
DA40CGDFQ_32_2022.10.31_12h02m02s.png

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I think the Start can be ignored. I'm not sure about the Apron error.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I think Dick is right on the start and I do not think there is an arbitary limit on apron count The fault finder does generate faults based on older versions of ADE and I have not fixed that yet

Country
brazil
Where is the ground poly tool? Real needing it for a project... Cant find it on the tool bar as in fsx ade version

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Where is the ground poly tool? Real needing it for a project... Cant find it on the tool bar as in fsx ade version
Do you men custom ground polys or terrsin poly or what?

Country
brazil
Do you men custom ground polys or terrsin poly or what?
idk :) I'm trying to make an artificial fictional island... I tryed a water excluding scenary pol + apron + elevation but all I acheived was making them bizarre water mountains... all poly tools I know how to find are arpon and scenery...

Attachments

• Sem títulos.png
    Sem títulos.png
    155 KB · Views: 74
Country
brazil
idk :) I'm trying to make an artificial fictional island... I tryed a water excluding scenary pol + apron + elevation but all I acheived was making them bizarre water mountains... all poly tools I know how to find are arpon and scenery...
also, my fence tools aren't working 🙃

Country
germany
Length of runway and blastpad or overrun. ADE 20.22.8157 MSFS 2020 SDK 0.20.4

I tried to make a simple airport PAKT with a runway that has an overrun at both ends. The distance between the thresholds is 2286m, overrun 29 is 229m and overrun 11 is 89m long.
In ADE this gives a total length of 2576m and in the GUI this fits exactly to the satellite image. Picture1
Bild 1.jpg

In MSFS 2020 the runway is much too long, you can see that by the taxiways which are unchanged. Picture 2
Bild 2.jpg

If I set the runway in the ADE to 2286m and the overruns to 229 and 61m, the GUI of the ADE does not match the satellite image anymore Picture 3,
Bild 3.jpg

but in the MSFS 2020 it seems to match a bit better although the position of the runway is not correct.Picture 4.
Bild 4.jpg

I suspect that in earlier versions of MSFS SDK the length of the runway was the sum of the distance between thresholds plus the length of overruns or blastpads. It appears that this has been changed and now the length of the runway is the distance between the thresholds and the lengths of blastpads or overruns are not added. This would also need to be changed in the display of the GUI of ADE.

I hope that I have correctly interpreted the occurrence of this deviation and I could also translate this understandably.
Many greetings and many thanks for the valuable work on ADE.
Stefan

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
re you measuring dimensions based on images?