• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Bgl2Xml beta

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have finally managed to recompile Bgl2Xml GUI and Bgl2Xml Command line. I hope they will work with all version of the sim now but do need testing. They are both in this zip: http://www.mediafire.com/file/695op9anka0bxmk/Bgl2Xml All.zip

There are two executables in the zip along with a bunch of supporting files:

Bgl2Xml_GUI.exe. You need to run this as administrator by right clicking on it. I will see if I can remove that requirement
Bgl2Xml.exe. This is the command line version and does not need to be run as administrator. Format of the arguments is shown in the window if you just run it:

1526377154981.png

Many thanks for testing these

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Bgl2Xml_GUI.exe immediately crashes upon startup. No error message other than the Windows box that comes up. Details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: Bgl2Xml_GUI.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.8.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 5af9aad7
Problem Signature 04: jmSDELib
Problem Signature 05: 4.75.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5af99dd6
Problem Signature 07: faf
Problem Signature 08: 2b9
Problem Signature 09: System.ComponentModel.Win32
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The non-GUI program gives the box you imaged above when starting. I haven't had a chance to check further.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Well I don't know what that is. Just to check that you ran it as administrator?

Country
indonesia
Norton jumped all over it and quarantined most of the dlls.
I got the action flagged but maybe your antivirus software doesn't pop up and tell you what it's doing.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As I think about this it may be another one of these security things those libraries have been around for ages and are either mine or Arnos. They are all in ADE as well

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Jon, I installed and ran both exes without difficulty (win 10/64). But I don't have Norton. Windows defender doesn't have a problem with your files.

Don

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Norton jumped all over it and quarantined most of the dlls.
I got the action flagged but maybe your antivirus software doesn't pop up and tell you what it's doing.

Depending on where you place it,... Norton would be all over it....

I have placed it outside the Program Files folders (C:\MSFS\FS Design Tools\) and I have Norton. Everything worked here as designed. You will still need to run it as Admin. and "Unblock" (right-click - Properties) on the executable.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There may come a time when we will no longer be able to supply software without expensive digital signatures :( At least we are still at threat level 1 :)

Country
indonesia
After twenty minutes clicking on "restore" I was able to run it.
Now, what was the original post?
Oh yes, works fine for FSXA / Windows 7.

The new bgl2xml works fine, however looks like afcad surface type definitions need updating for p3d v4 as some of them have 3 digit numbers in them which give error when compiling xml with bglcomp.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The new bgl2xml works fine, however looks like afcad surface type definitions need updating for p3d v4 as some of them have 3 digit numbers in them which give error when compiling xml with bglcomp.

The program is just extracting whatever is in the bgl file. Are you asking that it change things or something else?