• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Black textures

Country
unitedkingdom
OK,
Another issue for me sorry! I have made some textures in paint for my fsx project. I converted them successfully to a BMP image and resized them to 64x64. Then copied them into the FSX-Texture folder and my project folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery\EGJJ (Jersey)\texture

So everything should be fine, in FSDS they appeared perfectly. But when i go into fsx they look like this black.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2016-07-01 (1).png
    2016-07-01 (1).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 473
Country
ca-quebec
The texture folder is not suppose to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\EGJJ (Jersey)\texture (I remove scenery\ between Addon Scenery\ and EGJJ)?
Also check if parenthesis are accepted in a scenery name.
You can also check your MDL in ModelConverterX.

Country
unitedkingdom
The texture folder is not suppose to be C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\EGJJ (Jersey)\texture (I remove scenery\ between Addon Scenery\ and EGJJ)?
Also check if parenthesis are accepted in a scenery name.
You can also check your MDL in ModelConverterX.
Thanks,
wheres the texture folder meant to be? And it's in an active folder accepted by fsx as compiling the models and scenery is working fine.
Any ideas?

Country
ca-quebec
Look in FSDS if the Preferences... point to the right texture folder.

Country
unitedkingdom
Also, the textures aren't just black, they are strange pixel type textures too, black with multi coloured square?

If you were using 3dsmax, I'd suspect you have "real world size" checked on your material. Is there a setting like that in FSDS? Been MANY years since I've used that proggy.

Country
unitedkingdom
If you were using 3dsmax, I'd suspect you have "real world size" checked on your material. Is there a setting like that in FSDS? Been MANY years since I've used that proggy.
No, doesn't seem to be an option for that? Very confusing!