• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D Tool-set(MOVED)

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Blender users!

Because of health issues, I have not been able to do much more on the Blender2FSX/P3D tool-set. But I have tested the tool-set with Blender 2.79 and everything works good. I will not be able to do much more on the tool-set until health improves.

I am making my test files available for download from my website using this link: http://www.kp-coolstuff.com/downloads/88MO_Airport.zip

They are not what I was completely planing on releasing, I was planing on releasing Blender files showing how to complete a complete airport using Blender. But they will show you how to get started. Also the release candidate for Blender2FSX/P3D will be available for download from this thread.

Remember that Blender2FSX/P3D is wrote using python and is open-source code. Anyone that has the ability to write code in python or is willing to learn coding can make contributions to the code. In that way the FSX P3D Blender community will continue to grow.

Thanks, Kris

Attachments

• Blender2FSXP3D_0903.zip
    63.8 KB · Views: 996
Country
malaysia
Hi Kris,

Thanks for the update. Was waiting for this. I hope you can continue once your health improves. Please guide me with some effect attachment stuffs using this toolset. Anyway take care of your health first.

Thank you,
Manochvarma Raman

Country
germany
Hello Kris,

thank you very much. Hope you will be healthy soon. Before I only used Sketchup and GMax for my sceneries. Now using Blender and made my first animation. And no problems, your toolset is perfect!
fsscr007.png

Country
ecuador
Hello Kris,

With the new features offered by P3Dv4, perhaps you could consider if LUA scripts could be included in a new version of Blender2FSX/P3D? As I indicated in this thread, I found an alternative ..., with ModelConverterX. But it would be more "elegant" by using Blender directly! :)

Thank you for this great tool! And thank you for your help ...;)

Country
unitedkingdom
Hello Kris,

thank you very much. Hope you will be healthy soon. Before I only used Sketchup and GMax for my sceneries. Now using Blender and made my first animation. And no problems, your toolset is perfect!
View attachment 37429

Hi there,

Did you texture in blender and then export? is that possible? I ask, i have done a object with texturing in blender and i want to export with the blender textures?

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi there,

Did you texture in blender and then export? is that possible? I ask, i have done a object with texturing in blender and i want to export with the blender textures?

If you download the Blender2FSX tool set and activate it, you can export as a fsx .x file.

Remember to select FSX texture in material settings.

I hope you get better soon Kris!

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Hi Blender Users!

I am very happy that "MANOCHVARM A RAMAN" has so gracefully took over the updating of the Blender2FSX/P3D tool-set. I am going to change the title of the thread to "Blender2FSX/P3d Tool-set(Moved)

Thread moved to : Blender2FSX/P3D new thread

Thank you very much MANOCHVARM A RAMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris