• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Blender2MSFS support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country
canada
Not sure how to do that in Blender. In Windows, you can open file explorer and right-clk a texture and view the properties then go to the "Details" tab to view image dimensions.

Okay thanks that is what I did. Textures size are like 256 x 512 or 512 x512

Country
fiji
Is there anyway to specific in Blender, which Airport Poly has more priority over another one (border asphalt)??

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
@Tangerine,

I don't think so but you can watch the Blender's video of Bill Womack on the apron creation, you will obtain your answer.

New Update is out and after installing ALL the texture I created are WHITE, Not sure if it's the exporter or something else, Vitus you might want to have a look at it.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
New Update is out and after installing ALL the texture I created are WHITE, Not sure if it's the exporter or something else, Vitus you might want to have a look at it.

I'm still waiting for the Download to finish. Does this only affect new exports while older packages will work, or is that a universal problem?

Country
finland
One user of my custom sceneries reported the same, but for me all textures are normal on all three same sceneries. Curious. Did you restart the sim after the update?

Country
fiji
Anyone know how to deal with draw order and ground polys? I can't seem to get it work, It always start flickering like crazy. tried snap to ground, no snap to ground, differents draw orders, dont know what else to do.

Same here, on the scenery I'm working on, textures are missing on all my custom buildings now :oops:
I've cleaned/rebuild all project items (with last SDK 0.6), tried without addons ...

The textures are in the directory, they just aren't showing in-game.

I even built a test cube, exporting from 3ds Max to see if it's a problem with the blender and I get the same result.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
I don't have this problem with my aircraft. Everything showed up as expected. Did a rebuild as well and didn't run into any issues.

It sounds a bit like the problems we used to have during the Alpha though. Maybe rebuild your package, but make sure to delete both the Package and Package_int folders before you do so. Maybe that helps?
If not, try rebuilding with the fspackagetool.exe if you've been building from within the sim. Or vice versa if you usually use the fspackagetool.

I don't have this problem with my aircraft. Everything showed up as expected. Did a rebuild as well and didn't run into any issues.

It sounds a bit like the problems we used to have during the Alpha though. Maybe rebuild your package, but make sure to delete both the Package and Package_int folders before you do so. Maybe that helps?
If not, try rebuilding with the fspackagetool.exe if you've been building from within the sim. Or vice versa if you usually use the fspackagetool.

I have used both insim and external fspackagetool, I have even tried building with both old and new fspackage tool, no luck same result. I even tried changing the manifest.json file to the version that is in the official airports manifest.json file, no change.

Have you tried something besides a/c though?

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Maybe you can confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.