• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Broken Compiler

Country
ca-ontario
Hey all,

I've been learning how to use ADE and I spent my afternoon adding in a fictional ramp for my VA. Now when I go to compile I get this error that pops up -

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: G:\Ryan\ADE\!AdeTempWorkOnly\CYXR_ADEX_RCG.xml

ERROR C2106: Improper value string for a library object name! ({7f38bfbc-e295-4a40-845c-3f3c872cfa82})
ERROR C2031: Failed element parse <LibraryObject>
ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <SceneryObject
ERROR: lat = 47.6963512971997
ERROR: lon = -79.8572726547718
ERROR: alt = 0.0M
ERROR: altitudeIsAgl = TRUE
ERROR: pitch = 0
ERROR: bank = 0
ERROR: heading = 181.845703125
ERROR: imageComplexity = VERY_SPARSE
ERROR: <LibraryObject
ERROR: name = {7f38bfbc-e295-4a40-845c-3f3c872cfa82}
ERROR: scale = 1.00
ERROR:
ERROR C2309: RandomAttach is NOT a valid token!
ERROR C2016: Invalid element found <RandomAttach>, skipping!

ERROR: <AttachedObject
ERROR: attachpointName = attachpt_beacon
ERROR: heading = 0
ERROR:
ERROR C2023: Improper ending element <RandomAttach>. Stopping!
ERROR C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 75, 29, Unspecified error

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: G:\Ryan\ADE\!AdeTempWorkOnly\CYXR_ADEX_RCG.xml

I can't figure out what's wrong with the compiler but does anyone have any ideas? I'm using the p3d BGLComp because the FSX Steam Edition sdk's are not all there. I know that it works though because it was working correctly with SBuilderX.

Thanks in advance -
Ryan

Country
ca-ontario
Which SDK was used to compile?

For FSX STEAM, you should be using the SDK for P3D SDK v1.4 only.
Installed the p3d sdk v1.4 and switched the directories and all that but then I got this error. It might be the same one -

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.

The compiler message is shown below

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: G:\Ryan\ADE\!AdeTempWorkOnly\CYXR_ADEX_RCG.xml

ERROR C2106: Improper value string for a library object name! ({7f38bfbc-e295-4a40-845c-3f3c872cfa82})
ERROR C2031: Failed element parse <LibraryObject>

ERROR: <LibraryObject
ERROR: name = {7f38bfbc-e295-4a40-845c-3f3c872cfa82}
ERROR: scale = 1.00
ERROR:
ERROR C2016: Invalid element found <RandomAttach>, skipping!

ERROR: <AttachedObject
ERROR: attachpointName = attachpt_beacon
ERROR: heading = 0
ERROR:
ERROR C2023: Improper ending element <RandomAttach>. Stopping!
ERROR C2034: XML Parse Fatal Error (line, column, error)

ERROR: 75, 29, Unspecified error

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: G:\Ryan\ADE\!AdeTempWorkOnly\CYXR_ADEX_RCG.xml

I can add the files for the airport but the added stuff is fictional. I'm adding onto the orbix one from there freeware global airports pack. Thanks for your help so far :D

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The scenery object is the problem. Where did you get this object? How was it created?

If you created it using another SDK, other than v1.4, then you will need to re compile it using v1.4.

Country
ca-ontario
The scenery object is the problem. Where did you get this object? How was it created?

If you created it using another SDK, other than v1.4, then you will need to re compile it using v1.4.
the object was already there when I opened the BGL file that was in the orbix directory in the main fsx folder. I deleted it and replaced the old tower with the stock one but no luck still. I'll put the file in here if you want to try it :) Make sure to scan it with virus total just to be sure some malware wasn't put in it or anything that's what I do 👍
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w1cd9wv7oq5fgfu/AABaQ8I7cpdn-z78TdRryB_7a?dl=0

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - it looks like the object(s) you are trying to use have random attach points. Seems the compiler does not like them

Country
ca-ontario
OK - it looks like the object(s) you are trying to use have random attach points. Seems the compiler does not like them
I'm not to sure on how to fix the random attach points issue. It's my first time using the software and it's super user friendly. Any ideas? Thankyou for your help so far :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
This is a project for FSX? Can you please post the project (.ad4 extension) that is giving the error (attach it to a post in this thread)

EDIT
I got it from your link above

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK then there is something odd here since I can compile the .ad4 project you posted with ADE and no errors. I see an object with an attached object

1629735114454.png

And it compiles without error. I have to go out for a while but will look again when I get back

Country
ca-ontario
OK then there is something odd here since I can compile the .ad4 project you posted with ADE and no errors. I see an object with an attached object

View attachment 76296

And it compiles without error. I have to go out for a while but will look again when I get back
Could it possibly be the new parking areas I added? I'm not super sure that they are suppost to be attached to the apron links. That might be the problem maybe

Edit -
I deleted the beacon and then the compiler said there was an issue with the generic buildings so I deleted those and that created a lot of errors in the compiler lol

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No - the error is clearly shown in the compiler output and says that the attached object source is not recognized. This error usually appears when the compiler does not recognize something due to version mismatch between the compiler and sim version. It could also be an error with the source code generator in ADE. Where did the base file you are modifying come from? Was it stock, a third party bgl file or an ade project (.ad4)

Country
ca-ontario
No - the error is clearly shown in the compiler output and says that the attached object source is not recognized. This error usually appears when the compiler does not recognize something due to version mismatch between the compiler and sim version. It could also be an error with the source code generator in ADE. Where did the base file you are modifying come from? Was it stock, a third party bgl file or an ade project (.ad4)
It was a third party BGL file. it was from the ORBX freeware global airports pack - https://orbxdirect.com/product/ftx-global-airport-pack
It's freeware but they did a fantastic job on a lot of airports 👍

Last edited:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
It may be free, but the objects may be locked/ protected. Which could mean, you can't use any of the objects anywhere else and if that is the case, I would like to do that with libraries.

Country
ca-ontario
It may be free, but the objects may be locked/ protected. Which could mean, you can't use any of the objects anywhere else and if that is the case, I would like to do that with libraries.
ah ok I see. I might just redo the entire airport just so I can get that fictional ramp. Thank you for your help :)