• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Custom Jetways

Country
senegal
Devinci I really like what you did there! As far as I understand this is one of your first attempts to edit the jetways but I cannot understand how did you know how to edit the Metal_Boarding_Ramp_Albedo file. I mean where to put your own colors and textures. I opened the Asobo Jetways folder and texture files with Photoshop, but I cannot see anything that could guide me as for where to recolor or put my own images as you did with the flag, blue color and text. Could you please help me. I just want to do this basic edit so to change the color and add some text.
I actually opened the model in 3ds max and checked where the UVs were placed on the texture. Furthermore I deleted many polygons and added my own mesh such as for the glass by attaching them to the Asobo model and deleting the parts I didn't need. This actually process actually requires sufficient knowledge of 3ds max and I even used Substance Painter for the texturing. Unfortunately I don't have 3ds max anymore to be able to test things. If I remember correctly the way Asobo made these textures a lot of them were overlapping so just editing it on photoshop will not be enough.

Country
senegal
Hi, Hello fellow forumers.
I've got another question. So I'd like to improve my jetway by adding stairs like this:

screen0nkxg.png

As the jetway moves up and down the upper part of the stairs does move accordingly, obviously.
The lower part of the stairs do however always touch the ground and only the angle of attack of the stairs changes.

Now I am able to add a pivot on the lower and upper end of the stairs with the 3ds max bone tools.
However, I haven't figured yet how tell the lower end to always stay on the ground plane and not move in the Z direction.

Maybe someone of you has already been through this and knows the solution?
Take a look at IK constraints for 3ds max.

Country
denmark
Thank you for your reply! Is there any way to have the UV lines exported so I can "paint" over it in PS??? I don't want to change the 3D model, nor I have access to 3ds Max.
I actually opened the model in 3ds max and checked where the UVs were placed on the texture. Furthermore I deleted many polygons and added my own mesh such as for the glass by attaching them to the Asobo model and deleting the parts I didn't need. This actually process actually requires sufficient knowledge of 3ds max and I even used Substance Painter for the texturing. Unfortunately I don't have 3ds max anymore to be able to test things. If I remember correctly the way Asobo made these textures a lot of them were overlapping so just editing it on photoshop will not be enough.

Country
senegal
Thank you for your reply! Is there any way to have the UV lines exported so I can "paint" over it in PS??? I don't want to change the 3D model, nor I have access to 3ds Max.
As I said it will not work because Asobo made the UVs overlap on top of each other. That's why I had to create my own mesh for the sides of the jetway, unwrap them and add my own texture.

Country
australia
Does anyone know if I can achieve this in blender?
Don't really have the cash at the moment for Max and I also don't know how to use it.

Country
senegal
Does anyone know if I can achieve this in blender?
Don't really have the cash at the moment for Max and I also don't know how to use it.
I'm not sure if Asobo added support for Blender export yet. There is an addon for export in this forum but I don't know if it can export Jetway animations and all.

Country
senegal
I don't have time for a full tutorial and no access to max anymore but maybe this can help:
All you have to do is install the SDK for 3Ds Max, open the file I added here and change the mesh as desired such as removing the advertisement planes if you just want glass only sides, you could even add a stair mesh and attach it to a part. Afterwards you can alter the textures using GIMP or Photoshop then recompile. I couldn't find the actual gimp file I used for the texture but you can always select all the advertisement plane parts and add a UV unwrap modifier to them and export it for use as a base for making your own texture for ads. After you compile the file, the resulting Jetway.gltf file should go in a folder such as (You can change Devinci_Jetway to your own name) :

Airport Project Name\PackageSources\SimObjects\Landmarks\Devinci_Jetway\model.6\

Also make sure the GUID inside of Jetway.xml is unique if you're going to have several different models of jetways as in the Package I sent you. You can see it's almost like liveries for aircraft except I had to make folders for each model to make it work. Also make sure the Jetway has all its animation groups before recompiling it in max. You can always take a look at the jetway sample provided in the SDK for reference or export and import the animation groups to use on your own jetway.

Finally, the file named sim.cfg is where you add references to your different jetway models such as this:
[fltsim.0]
title=DIASS_Jetway0
model=
texture=

[fltsim.1]
title=DIASS_Jetway1
model= 1
texture =

[fltsim.2]
title=DIASS_Jetway2
model= 2
texture =

I tried changing the texture only and it didn't work as I said above

Max File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OY1WpOsZ6vuUDmc6OWQFnr5NBrhdaLmG/view?usp=sharing
Jetway Package: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XdXvj5zJsjAbX7ytkRWBgeK8PH4H_-JW/view?usp=sharing

It's not easy at first but once you get one working it becomes relatively easy to make many more.

I hope this helps,

Country
australia
Ok so I have tried opening the max file and even with the default one I get this message.
Have reinstalled SDK and max twice now.

Max 2021
Once I click open I get another missing external files which says something about UV_Checker.
1610252520216.png

1610252436835.png
Thanks in advanced

Country
spain
The same thing happens to me as vLegion_, could someone make the animation for me please? I can pay to do it

Country
germany
There was a forumer somewhere on this board offering to do animated jetways for a fee.
You gotta search for his thread, don't remember where it is though.
I don't mean to destroy his business but I can only encourage people to invest some time and try it themselves. If you have access to 3dsmax, it's only medium-hard and even a shmuk like me was able to do it.

Country
spain
There was a forumer somewhere on this board offering to do animated jetways for a fee.
You gotta search for his thread, don't remember where it is though.
I don't mean to destroy his business but I can only encourage people to invest some time and try it themselves. If you have access to 3dsmax, it's only medium-hard and even a shmuk like me was able to do it.
I've tried it several times but I end up messing around with the bones, the program is difficult for me, because I'm used to using blender, and when I export I don't know how to configure '' babylon '' to do well with the textures. Also, I managed to compile it for msfs only once, but when I tried to implement it it did not appear (and I have a lot of experience compiling and exporting objects within the game).

I know that there is a person who offers this service, I have tried to contact him but he does not respond, nor do I want to be annoying. and if there is something about this message that you do not understand, I have copied and pasted it from google translator xD

Country
russia
I've tried it several times but I end up messing around with the bones, the program is difficult for me, because I'm used to using blender, and when I export I don't know how to configure '' babylon '' to do well with the textures. Also, I managed to compile it for msfs only once, but when I tried to implement it it did not appear (and I have a lot of experience compiling and exporting objects within the game).

I know that there is a person who offers this service, I have tried to contact him but he does not respond, nor do I want to be annoying. and if there is something about this message that you do not understand, I have copied and pasted it from google translator xD
Has anyone managed to cope with the jetway? I also use Blender. I screwed the sample from the SDK, but its wheels do not turn. I could only change the texture to match the terminal.

Country
ukraine
Hi @Devinci, I’ve animated a jetway but can’t get it into the sim, I used your template and followed the instructions for input/output directories but the scenery just won’t compile, any ideas? Cheers