• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA CYMX - MirabelX

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Good evening,

This joint project between Jean-Pierre Fillion, Dominic Marier and Lagaffe/French-VFR started more than 6 months ago. The first version is planned for FSX but the objective is to be able to use the full potential of P3D afterwards.
This scene has a cover of more than 25 km², which has already been treated for summer, winter and night. The various textures have been adapted in colorimetry in order to try to match the surrounding Landclass textures as closely as possible.

Summer
Hangars Pratt & Whiteney where the company's reactors are tested (mounting on the pilot basket of a 747)
2019-02-02_183031.jpg

2019-02-02_183157.jpg

Maintenance service with the Control Tower on the right and the "buses" used to bring passengers back to the terminal (Terminal removed since).
2019-02-02_183312.jpg

Various hangars and filtering station to access the runways still in use.
2019-02-02_183513.jpg

ICAR buildings (Car driving centre) with the Aerodium on the left: wind tunnel where you can try the "free fall"...
2019-02-02_183819.jpg

A second view of the wind tunnel protected by nets and the car driving track. There is an animation in the wind tunnel, a character in suit and helmet who will "fly".
2019-02-02_183911.jpg

2019-02-02_184032.jpg

More details on the ICAR building with the summer stands and an old F1 car waiting for its driver...
2019-02-02_184140.jpg

2019-02-02_184652.jpg

Aérodium on an another view ...
2019-02-02_185000.jpg

Last edited:
Hard winter
Maintenance service under snow with emergency vehicles and the Tower:
2019-02-02_181613.jpg

2019-02-02_181811.jpg

2019-02-02_181947.jpg

2019-02-02_182036.jpg

SwissPort, Cargairs and FBO (helicopter transport company, among others)
2019-02-02_182119.jpg

2019-02-02_182325.jpg

We go up to the industrial zone and the Thermal Power Plant
2019-02-02_182542.jpg

We are in the process of making the final corrections to the scenery.
It has gone through a test phase and should be published in the next few days: on French-VFR.fr and QuebecFSX.org

Thanks to follow this development

Montréal–Mirabel International Airport (IATA: YMX, ICAO: CYMX), is released yesterday, you can download from Quebec FSX and French-VFR.

The scene includes:
- two airports: CYMX and CSW5 (Montreal Bell Heliport)
- one photo texture for summer/fall and one for winter
- daylight illumination with the most beautiful effect
- all hangars and the ICAR circuit modelled entirely
- roadways congested with vehicles (do not push this slider too high)
- a configurator to manage the BGLs specific to FSX and Prepar3D as well as some scenic details
- a set of screenshots for the recommended settings on each simulator: FSX and P3D v4.x
- the abnegation of 3 people who have struggled for a year and a half to revive this airport
ernaehrung004.gif

We have planned a updated version in the next months but we need a break after 1,5 year of work
wavey.gif

Hi,
This scenery is working in compatibility mode under MSFS. Only the lights are a problem for the moment.
I will release this new version for the end of this week.

Hi,
My old project CYMX-Mirabel is being ported to MSFS natively.

It is composend by 4 parts: West, Center, ICAR and Est parts. Yesterday, the Center part has been modelised, compiled an localised on the simulator.
The old models maded under Gmax has been transformed in OBJ via MCX and then used under Blender 2.83.6 in order to be exported in glTF.
16 polygons for exclude and 22 models 3D to this part.
The three others parts have 28 models 3D which be my works for this week.
Mirabel-MSFS-20-10-04.jpg

Very nice!! Gratz!

Are you using custom ground textures? or default ones?
If using custom ground textures, what kind of size? 4096??

No, currently I use the MSFS ground textures but next I will use my 4 custom ground textures (theses for FSX) georeferenced what I should adapt

Hi,

I just release the alpha version of CYMX-Mirabel for MSFS: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=fr&pg=771&tconfig=0 (v0.3.0 20/10/09)
52 buildings/hangars are created as MSFS SDK and located. The infrastructure of the airport are created from the FSX ade project.
Great work man, any chance that the bombardier plant made it into this scenery or are there any plans to implement it. I really want to do delivery flights from there. Cheers

Hi Terence,
The screenshot with differents POI is very old. Since BOMBARDIER plant has bien implented and you can yet initiate your flights. The last and actual revision is dated of v0.7.0 / 23 Nov 2020. Try it !
If you have some advices or remarks to adapt or add some things, make it on this thread.

Hi Terence,
The screenshot with differents POI is very old. Since BOMBARDIER plant has bien implented and you can yet initiate your flights. The last and actual revision is dated of v0.7.0 / 23 Nov 2020. Try it !
If you have some advices or remarks to adapt or add some things, make it on this thread.
Oh Didier, you have made my day. Thank you ever so much. I am off to download it now.
Kind regards,
Terence

This airport has a special attraction for me. It is one of the favorite airports of a friend of mine from Quebec and I have been very involved in this project at the base for FSX and it was my first port to MSFS. I still have a lot of ideas to make it more beautiful and attractive and as soon as I have a moment (I also have some planes in progress), I will come back to this project. Bombardier is the POI at the left of this screenshot, as you can see, it here !
CYMX-Panoramique-POIs.jpg

I have in mind to do on the Bombardier zone the same thing I did for the "fictitious hangar" that I added: open the doors, even order them and populate the zone a little bit to make it more lively.
Fictitious hangar for Bô Aviation:
CYMX-Mirabel-Bo-Aviation.jpg

The two static aircrafts are two projects: a CL-215T and a Canso Water Bomber PBY-5A.

This airport has a special attraction for me. It is one of the favorite airports of a friend of mine from Quebec and I have been very involved in this project at the base for FSX and it was my first port to MSFS. I still have a lot of ideas to make it more beautiful and attractive and as soon as I have a moment (I also have some planes in progress), I will come back to this project. Bombardier is the POI at the left of this screenshot, as you can see, it here !
CYMX-Panoramique-POIs.jpg

I have in mind to do on the Bombardier zone the same thing I did for the "fictitious hangar" that I added: open the doors, even order them and populate the zone a little bit to make it more lively.
Fictitious hangar for Bô Aviation:
CYMX-Mirabel-Bo-Aviation.jpg

The two static aircrafts are two projects: a CL-215T and a Canso Water Bomber PBY-5A.
Awesome, cant wait to fly here. Unfortunately the download site must be down. Will try again tomorrow. Once again, thanks for your efforts.
Best regards.

My provider is FREE and in case of too strong solicitations, it is possible that the site does not answer (it saturates). The best thing to do in this case is to wait a little and start again.
It is not necessary to create an account on the site but downloads are protected from hotlinks too, an account and password attached to the link are provided (writed in RED) in the text just above the link.
For you, this is the direct link: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=fr&pg=771&tconfig=0

If you still have some troubles, purge your internet cache or change of browser ;)

My provider is FREE and in case of too strong solicitations, it is possible that the site does not answer (it saturates). The best thing to do in this case is to wait a little and start again.
It is not necessary to create an account on the site but downloads are protected from hotlinks too, an account and password attached to the link are provided (writed in RED) in the text just above the link.
For you, this is the direct link: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=fr&pg=771&tconfig=0

If you still have some troubles, purge your internet cache or change of browser ;)
Many thanks Didier, I will try when I get home from work tonight

Success!!!, I got it and it is just what I wanted. My dear friend, thank you so much for taking the time to create this scenery.

Back