• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 CYWG James Richardson International Airport - Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Country
ca-ontario
Awesome but it's hard to make out the details still cool though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
germany
Hello Greg,

I just created this account to thank you for your outstanding contribution to the FS9 community.
I am already a big fan of your Kapalua and Regina sceneries and really look Forward to Winnipeg!

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Some screen shots to show you what I've been working on. Lots of trees around the airport and finished up the lighting on the various ramps and aprons. I'd fallen behind on the night textures for the airport buildings but now I am up to date. This week I started on the ground service equipment.

Greg

CYWG-WIP_10-OCT-2019-1.jpg
CYWG-WIP_10-OCT-2019-2.jpg
CYWG-WIP_10-OCT-2019-3.jpg

Country
switzerland
just stunning... can't believe what a tremendous job you've been doing on this scenery...
it's one of a kind scenery... can't wait to land in Winnipeg as soon as you get it done and released.

Country
switzerland
Very cool... do you have static Ground Services only or have you animated some of them to be moving around the Tarmacs?

Country
switzerland
I'm beaten-up and overwhelmed to see what People can do just by tips of the fingers, nice work, carry on with this efforts!

Country
ca-ontario
2004 doesn't have ground services like fsx does where you can call them to your plane...unless gaputz is switching sims...

Country
switzerland
2004 doesn't have ground services like fsx does where you can call them to your plane...unless gaputz is switching sims...

Even though you can let ground services be moving around at the tarmac... Aerosoft made this possible a lot in their sceneries. Even LatinVFR did that as i remember as well asT2G did that.
So, little hope is on, that Greg didn't do only static Ground Services.

Country
ca-ontario
Aerosoft called it AES or "Airport Enhancement Services" but if you don't have the aes or something you have to make scenery without it..hey i didn't know t2g and the others were doing that but they are payware and he's making it freeware...as far as I know

Country
switzerland
i didn't know t2g and the others were doing that but they are payware and he's making it freeware...as far as I know

yes that's right... but allthough I hope, he's animating some of the vehicles to let them move around the tarmac that would be the point over the i. :)
Maybe AES will be included as well I hope... we'll see..

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Basil, sorry to disappoint you but the GSE vehicles will be static only. I don't know much about animation. I dabbled with it for one of my small airports but it would be too big a task for Winnipeg. I've been working on Winnipeg way too long so I'm eager to be finished with it and I have much still to do without worrying about animations more sophisticated than a rotating radar. I was lucky enough to have CYQR Regina selected for the AES treatment but I don't know the status of AES these days. I haven't seen an update in ages. And Darren, I can confirm it will be freeware. This is a hobby for me (although it feels like a job sometimes) so consider YWG to be my contribution to the FS9 community.

Country
switzerland
Thanks Greg for the statement about that. Allthough the Vehicles will be static only, it's still the best Scenery for ages to be released next.
Can't wait to test it at my own. Very eager to discover all the details you included to the scenery.

Country
ca-ontario
Yes good point..I never had aes so I never bothered to worry about that...I really don't care about moving ground crew right now

Country
germany
Greg,

your contribution to the FS9 community has already been very big before Winnipeg - thank you so much - but that looks like being your masterpiece.

Dedl

Country
ca-saskatchewan
Just started to work on the fencing and gates. This will be the final update for 2019, so I want to say happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2020.

Greg

CYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-1.jpgCYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-2.jpgCYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-3.jpgCYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-4.jpgCYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-5.jpgCYWG-WIP_23-DEC-2019-6.jpg