• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Default zoom level

Country
southafrica
is this the one?

If yes, do I have to edit it and if yes, to which values?

Why did this cause this error in the current version and not the previous one?

ScreenHunter_271 Apr. 20 21.45.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
That might be it, but more likely it's an object within that SceneGraphNode's hierarchy. But I'm not sure what use this information will be to you, since you can't edit the bounding box here...

Country
southafrica
Thanks for your answer. I thought as much. It would be great if I could the previous build, which worked well for this aircraft.

The older version I got cannot read the newer model files.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P585 mit Tapatalk

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I can only suspect that you had a quite old version before, where CFG points were not read yet. That might explain the difference. To verify that you would need to scroll down in the hierarchy and see if any of the CFG points have a big bounding box. Might also be the aircraft.cfg for this specific aircraft contains a mistake resulting in a big value.

Although you haven't confirmed yet that the CFG points are the issue, I have just modified MCX so that it will only look at the geometry and not at the CFG points when determining the zoom value. Another developer had asked for that before already, so I have implemented it now. It will be in the next development release.

Country
southafrica
Thank you very much, for updating the app, but it did not change the situation.

I will have to make use, with what I have got, but thanks for your help. I wonder, whether it has also something to do with the latest beta release. I'll keep you posted.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Since we don't have your model, the only thing you can do is check which node in the hierarchy editor makes the bounding box so big.

Country
southafrica
I checked through the hierarchy and the values I posted earlier are the big ones.

When I select the node then the whole model shows up red. All the other nodes only highlight only parts of the model.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Glad you figured it out. I believe that True is the default setting?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Correct, default value is still false as initially this feature was a bit buggy. But since it is more stable now I should probably set it to true by default.