• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS -Everything you know about upcoming Flight Sim from Microsoft-

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
As for liveries, note that at least one, "Iberia", was shown in the release trailer!

Country
us-newyork
We do not know whether there is an SDK or not. We do know that various commercial "partners" have commented on their plans for MSFS, within the limits of their NDA.

Country
argentina
I'll just wait... no reason for a Preorder right now. Let's see what we got first...

Country
unitedstates
More likely rip fs2020
It look like they run out of funds before going any further and if the money are not flowing than who knows
If no sdk i will not give them a cent
You have to be crazy. This is a MASSIVE upgrade in the PC flight sim scene, people are going to flock to it, and this is a MASSIVE opportunity to develop new add-ons and make a ton of money. They already said SimConnect will be backward supported, so it should be basic to translate your products into it. Your loss if you don't want to keep up.

Deano1973

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Soooo..... Just a bit over a month to go until release. Are you hyped yet? :cool:

Totally. I'm ignoring the nay-sayers. Can't break the NDA but anybody who hasn't played it, doesn't know what's coming to them yet, and it's vastly, vastly superior to anything we've seen before, with the potential to becoming truly tremendous over time for both users and developers. Bring it on :)

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
Again, without breaking NDA and for those that are security-conscious, you cannot connect to the servers using a VPN. You get a big, fat red 'Access Denied' which I, for one, am very unhappy about.

We do not know whether there is an SDK or not. We do know that various commercial "partners" have commented on their plans for MSFS, within the limits of their NDA.

we don t know ?

The product is basically on sale at this stage it should clearly say what is included

Country
unitedkingdom
More likely rip fs2020
It look like they run out of funds before going any further and if the money are not flowing than who knows
If no sdk i will not give them a cent

Microsoft run out of money? Listen to yourself. Good grief.

RIP third party developers? :oops:

Plenty of third-party developers are in on MSFS, and will be making announcements over the next few days - if you are an Orbx customer, you will have had theirs this morning.

Country
unitedkingdom
we don t know ?

The product is basically on sale at this stage it should clearly say what is included

Of course there is an SDK. Whether there will be one available to the general public on release is a different matter. it will come, but MS isn’t going to give a damn about how you or I feel about that. The initial sales of this product will not be dependent on an SDK being available, and will likely dwarf sales of all other games in 2020.

Microsoft run out of money? Listen to yourself. Good grief.

oh do not worry about that we know they have aplenty Obviously need to see investments returns

yep they do not give a toss about me or somebody else still is good to know what is inside the tin when you buy

Country
belgium
Here's a screenshot of what is supposedly the high-quality EGLL. Look at the lack of detail on ground markings. There's nothing. The terminal models are okay, but even then, I am certain that payware scenery will not disappear. P3D won't disappear either.
1594724372944.png

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Of course there is an SDK. Whether there will be one available to the general public on release is a different matter. it will come, but MS isn’t going to give a damn about how you or I feel about that. The initial sales of this product will not be dependent on an SDK being available, and will likely dwarf sales of all other games in 2020.
I have to agree. Looking at the way this is initially marketed its a "game" and therefore gamers are the target audience. Simmers will be lower down the list because of the current limited airport/aircaraft. However its a start and MS will make sure that this works one way of another. Is it worth the prelaunch price tag? I dont really know yet. Despite may being lucky enough to be part of the testing etc Id like to try a trial for a week or so and then potentially had over the cash.

I want it to be good and i want it to knock the socks off games out there. Why? because flight simmers are like train watchers , seen as a little strange lol.

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
Will the FS2020 SDK allow us to create only airports?
I don't think we can create vector scenery because the world includes orthophotos from Bing Maps.
Can we create ground polygons for airports with the SDK. ?

Regards.

Country
canada
I'm playing the waiting game. I can get gamepass for $1 first month and $5.99 after that. Wait and see what the release provides and how it works on my machine. As for the SDK, I'm speculating since FSX had the SDK in deluxe version that the SDK will be available, but not in the standard version.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
I'm sure an SDK will eventually be released.

Will I buy Dos Equis? Yes. Will I develop tools or addons for it? Unknown.

Please pass the popcorn.

Country
us-illinois
For those curious about the status of a SDK, and ability to 'port code' for aircraft and scenery into MSFS-2020, see this video at 3:20 ;)

More info on airports and ability to customize Ground Services:

"All of these services are now exposed in XML and are customizable using the SDK tools"; see this video at 7:54:

"It is possible as well to create small scripted behaviors with your own objects and animations and to place them where you want"; see this video at 7:59:

'Dynamic' Seasons will be a feature as well:

BTW: I've only now gotten some more time free to look at MSFS-2020 videos, but thus far, I am finding good update info in the YouTube Aus Flight Simmer series: :idea:

The Asobo MSFS-2020 development team Feature Discovery Series Episodes are also informative, fascinating and exciting to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=feature+discovery+series

IMHO, it is clear that MS /Asobo are already on top of the FS end user / developer community concerns:

msfs-2020_feedback_version-1_01fs_video_screenshot-jpg.59970

msfs-2020_feedback_version-2_01fs_video_screenshot-jpg.59966

msfs-2020_feedback_version-3_01fs_video_screenshot-jpg.59967

msfs-2020_feedback_version-4_01fs_video_screenshot-jpg.59968

msfs-2020_feedback_version-5_01fs_video_screenshot-jpg.59969

GaryGB

Attachments

• MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#2_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#2_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 844
  • MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#3_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#3_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 847
  • MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#4_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#4_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 825
  • MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#5_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#5_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 787
  • MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#1_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    MSFS-2020_Feedback_Version#1_01FS_Video_Screenshot.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:
Country
indonesia
I'll just wait... no reason for a Preorder right now. Let's see what we got first...

Smart move.
This is what I get when I try to order...

Where do you want to install?

It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account.

I've still got the email that says thank you for purchasing....

Ahhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.