FS2004 (FSX & X-Plane 10) Bell 429: she is slowly getting some shapes

Paul Domingue

Resource contributor
The model is shaping up very nicely. With all the polys I see and this talk of the use of Turbosmooth you may run into a problem if you still intend to make this for FS9. You might want to consider going for FSX.

Hello lads

Thank you for taking care of me. I agree, to many geometry there; the problem I have is I cannot visualize where to stop... :oops:
If I release some of those loops, shadowing issues are present. This arise a new question: Max render is far away different than FS9's render machine?

Kindest regards,
Sergio.

Yes. Max's render is much different than FS9. I have noticed that with the EC. There were polys that I had to redo the edge loops because of the way it was modeled.

Hello lads!

Here we go with the first preview in FS9!!!:

And now, from the basic shelled VC:

Finally, a big problem!!! The material used for the main rotor makes the fuselage transparent.

Both rotors, have a disk from both views:
-Main rotor:
Disk for the top and a disk for the bottom; which are separated by 0.002m.
-Tail rotor:
There, each tandem set has the same procedure: two disks for the left and right
views.
I noticed this before animate the rotors; HELP, S.O.S.!!! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
I've seen this defect in other models, and I am not sure how to solve it.

Well, that's a start!
Sergio.
;)

Last edited:
Hello lads

Thanks to Bjorn, I am now experimenting with the mappinp using the mirror modifier. Here are some pictures with basic lines:

Now with more panel lines:

This is (or was???) the first step in the paint kit:

I don't know what happened today when I opened my files... all this effort was wasted. :censored::censored::censored:
All lines suddenly were a mess. I guess I will start all over again. At least, I know how to work a little bit better with the uvw mapping techniques.

Have a nice day/evening/night wherever you are!
Sergio.
;)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks Nate, It was a waste of time. Something went wrong and I am now trying to find the bug... I sure that I will need to start it again, this first attempt gave me a better idea on how this might be textured. I will post more pictures in a few days.

Take care, my friend.
Sergio.
:D

Hello Paul

That is a gold to be achieved, because myself enjoy doing repaints as well. Now, I understand why many of the models are sometimes hard to paint.
The real problem will arise when I try to export to Gmax again. The few options out there, always do some evil magic to the meshes and cannot be animated in Gmax again. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Thanks for your kind words mate.
Sergio.

Hello Krispy

I am in holidays and she's only for me... :stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo
The exterior has a lot of pieces and as I am modeling, also doing the textures for the paint kit.
Two birds with one shoot.

Thanks a lot, my friend!!! ;)
Take care.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Hello Pinkjr!!!

REALLY??? Do you work with the 429??? Closer enough to share with me some pictures???:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
This model has been great; however, I did many "eyebolling" in many systems. For example, the rotors... I haven't enough and detailed photos to develop parts with more accuracy. Sure, do you need the model as it is or once it's finished?

Today, I added and mapped some antennas, pitot tubes, radome and the landing light system (I fake it the best I could). There you go with the images:

Enjoy!!!
Sergio Kauffman.
:wave: