• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
france
Can't wait to see the result in sim :D bear in mind the Canopée still have the sails missing ;)

Country
germany
Hello,
i have a problem with GAIST ULTRA V3:
I noticed that i have never ships in the area while landing at a airport next to the sea, so i did a testflight along the westshore of norwegian.
I start a flight and some ships are shown (in MSFS and LNM). So i fly along the coast clinbing to FL24. After a while some new ships are injected before me (at FL 12) and the old one disappears. But these was the last ones for this flight. After i reach FL24 i decend back to 4000ft - hoping they would appear again at a ceratin FL. But nothing... no more ships/boats.

Any help?
Thanks
Lukas

gaist1.JPG
Gaist2.JPG

Country
sweden
I heard that some nearby scenery add-ons can block the amount of ships ~but i could be wrong ~

HB

Country
australia
Just saw an article on this that's being built.

It's aimed to be completely reflect the environment around it. Not expecting you to model it but thought you might find it interesting. :)

PEGASUS_FORAKIS-DESIGN_IMAGE-09-1-1226x817.jpg

Country
denmark
I have today asked for a removal of Global AI Ship Traffic from flightsim.to.

The Premium program and the terms and conditions for creators are not compatible with a freeware package as Global AI Ship Traffic.

We will see whether they will accept to delete because they have removed this basic right from creators who already had packages on the site and this is one of the unacceptable clauses in their terms of service.

You can still find the Global AI Ship Traffic on flyawaysimulation.com and simviation.com. And I strongly suggest you not to download anything from flightsim.to nor to purchase anything nor to upload new content until they change their terms of service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
australia
I have today asked for a removal of Global AI Ship Traffic from flightsim.to.

The Premium program and the terms and conditions for creators are not compatible with a freeware package as Global AI Ship Traffic.

We will see whether they will accept to delete because they have removed this basic right from creators who already had packages on the site and this is one of the unacceptable clauses in their terms of service.

You can still find the Global AI Ship Traffic on flyawaysimulation,com and simviation.com. And I strongly suggest you not to download anything from flightsim.to nor to purchase anything nor to upload new content until they change their terms of service.

I'm not really following, what's the scoop?

Country
denmark
I'm not really following, what's the scoop?

Read this from the Terms of Service from Flightsim.to:

(4.3) Licenses you are granting us: By submitting or posting User Content to the Service (either directly or through a Third Party Service) you grant this Site a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable, assignable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use the User Content, together with all consents or waivers (if any) necessary to distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public and modify the User Content, by any means and in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, and to advertise and promote such use, without further notice to, or permission from, you or any other person, and without compensation or reference to you or any other person.

At the same time they have a policy to not allow users to delete their own content, so basically whatever you upload they have the right to forever.

Now they have introduced a very advanced Premium subscription and set their price at their discretion, but ups, as an uploader you can no longer say, "no I do not want to be part..."

Country
australia
Hmm, yeah that 4.3 section is basically the same as what we have with Actors, but really isn't appropriate for a flight sim site for freeware. I stand with you on that and I totally get what you're saying, they're basically saying they own what you upload and you hand over your rights to them. So technically they could take anything anyone has uploaded and then use it for their own purposes even commercially without crediting the original authors, basically saying you're giving them everything for free, handing over your rights to your IP. Unbelievable!

Country
australia
And here we go with a WIP screenshot of the new UI for Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time or GAIST RT. Kai just shared the screenshot, so it so new that even I have not tested yet.

Super stoked at this! I can't wait to see what it looks like off YCDR in Australia :D

Country
denmark
Just tried the newest Beta of the User Interface for Global AI Ship Traffic RT - a flight from Rio de Janeiro to Santos. Ships all over along a beautiful coast line.
vUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Riol-Bulk.jpg

Bulk carriers South of Rio de Janeiro - Global AI Ship Traffic Real Time places the ships, but the pier is unfortunately missing here

yUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Sao-Sebastiao.jpg

Tankers anchored North of Sao Sebastiao

oUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Santos-Anchorage.jpg

Santos anchorage

tUc6Pb-Global-AI-Ship-Traffic-RT-MSFS-Santos-Bulk.jpg

Santos harbor