Ground Poly Wizard question

Per some suggestions from other developers I am using the ADE ground poly wizard to import my custom ground polys and covert them so they don't suppress autogen.

I created an airport runway (layer 24) as a custom ground poly and gave it an asphalt texture. I also created three runway stripes (layer 25) which are custom ground polys (all made in ADE) with a custom texture. I compile that in ADE and import my GP.BGL in MCX ground poly wizard.

The issue is that I don't see all of the ground polys listed in the layering and visibility grid in the wizard and when I convert I only have the runway. If I just import the GP.BGL in to MCX not using the wizard, and then run the generate object report, I see all the objects. Any ideas why all the ground polys are not showing up in the wizard grid?

Hi again:

In MCX, the GP in the above ZIP appears to be missing the mapped StripeWhiteThreshold.BMP and Asphalt.BMP texture files.

I believe it would be essential to include those in a revised ZIP file for the attachment to allow proper evaluation and troubleshooting.

IIUC, if the total ZIP size attachment exceeds 5 MB it may need to be linked to a 3rd party download location.

GaryGB

Last edited:
Unfortunately even though the dialog box says the maximum file size if 5mb, even when I try to upload files 1/2 that size or less I get an error message telling me that it is too large. I had to zip these individually to upload them.

The .bmp files will be quite a bit larger but here are the .dds files of the same.

Attachments

OK, I am able to import "M34_ADEP3_SGL_GP.bgl" to MCX with all textures mapped to the (4) separate objects within the BGL.

I also see only (1) Material named "StripeWhiteThreshold.BMP" in MCX G-Poly Wizard 'Layering and Visibility" list: Layer={-24}

It is apparent that the GP you have attached above is a MDL-based, not SCASM-ASM "FS8" legacy (aka "FS2Kx") format ADE-GP.

You may wish to review Roby's statements regarding a need to merge / combine MDL-based ADE_GP sub-objects ...in these threads:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/autogen-trees-not-showing-up.441125/#post-782037

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/data-from-ground-polygon.440107/

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/gp-and-custom-ground-lines.440977/page-3#post-781027

BTW: What version of MCX are you using ? :scratchch

Navigate
: Windows Explorer > Browse / select: "ModelConverterX.exe" > Properties > Details > Date modified

GaryGB

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
The ground polygons are P3D v2 MDL file based indeed and the no autogen suppression option is already set. So you should not have problems with autogen going away.

Gary, I am using file and product version 1.4.0.0, date modified 9/7/2017 10:09 AM. To recap, the original problem I was having was ground polys created in ADE 1.70 were suppressing autogen. I switched to 1.75 and it appeared that the suppression stopped but I noticed that what I saw in the ADE GUI was not what I saw in P3D concerning the alignment of polys. An example would be the runway centerline. In ADE it looked like the centerline I created ran straight down the center of the runway while in P3D it was off center. Let me create a new airport from scratch in 1.75 and see if the problem persists. I will post the details soon.