• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Leg Bone Issue Jetway Type A

Country
australia
I've been playing around with SODE for close to a year now and have recently gone back to attempting a jetway. I never quite finished the model but decided to test it in the sim before I add more complication. Everything's gone fine except for some reason the bones for the legs are not connecting to the actual leg elements. What is used for the calculations of the position?

Before Script:
c22b56b2480c4fbdad6b9dd9b05c2cb2.png

After Script:
1aef766ed80b47e3a9c3e33803abcf10.png

a2a7ee06572443be93861497fbebc254.png

3f308cdde11249de88ac28b944d62e2e.png

a7967e6a8e7c4bd2855dfbecb9e93ded.png

As you can see everything appears fine asides for the legs. The other thing I noticed was in the jetway.cfg under Bridge_dip I had weird value. If it makes any difference the default SODE jetway was exported from 3DS into Sketchup where it was edited then directly imported back in.

[General]
type = A
has_stairs = false

[Dimensions]
root_floor_height = 3.15005
root_bridge_offset = 0.26634
mouth_offset = 0.509114
leg_offset = 17.0196
wheel_radius = 0.460127
hood_movable_height = 2.29883
hood_width = 2.5453

[Range_Limits]
bridge_length = 16.676, 24.5037
root_sweep = -6.83019e-006, 75.0
bridge_dip = -44.5021, 1.#QNAN
head_sweep = -60.0, 60
leg_length = 0.851173, 4.75437

[Time_Parameters]
root_rotation_time = 15
bridge_extension_time = 10

On a slightly different issue still relating to this jetway. Similar to this post (http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/traffic-lights-on-jetways.437738/) I have lights on the Jetway, however, I would like the Red light on anytime the jetway is not in the default position. Is this possible? I haven't actually tried playing with that as the actual model working is a higher priority but I'm I correct to assume the Jetway_Operation_Flag is only when moving?

Thanks in advance
Brendan

Country
switzerland
Hello Brendan

Sorry for the late reply. The leg bone's position is based in the static leg part's reference point. Maybe that pivot point is not placed at the parts true center point. There is an option in gmax/max to set the pivot to the object center. The pivot point location is really important for the script to work properly! Several parts such as the head, the root, the stairs, the wheels, the legs (well, basically all) must have the pivot point located at the right spot (mostly the center, except for the stairs).

The Jetway_Operation_Flag is indeed only active when the jetway is moving. It stops again when the jetway is docked on the door. If the light should be illuminated also in that final state, then it is not possible.

Country
australia
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I was contacted by another member earlier in the week and we narrowed it down to pivot issue like you suggested. It works perfectly in Max however after export it won't open in Model Converter X giving an Array Error. I have attached an export from Max I have just made.

Thanks everyone
Brendan

Attachments

• YSCB TEST4.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 233