• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender LOD instructions?

I will test today and report. Thank you.
I am also learning more about what the LOD numbers mean. I have determined that you can edit the .xml file values, save the file, re-export that LOD only and immediately click back to the sim to see the result. This saves a lot of time.
I am making my lowest LOD model of my bridges from simple plane objects with projected views from five sides. This gives me a final LOD that has no more than one to a few quads. The textures are then set to alpha Dither and double-sided. Here is where the albedo tint becomes important: there is a wide difference between how the colors appear in Blender and how they appear in the sim. I am hoping the display problem is fixed with 0.40.2.5. The added slider sounds good.
Again, thank you for the help.
Sorry I'm no help with the Python and modern coding; I date from the middle 60s and Project MAC. My last programming was done in C and early C++.

Hmmm, did this thread get hijacked? Nothing personal, but still looking for instructions on how to do & export LOD's for P3D / FSX using Blender. I'm specifically making airport buildings and have NO issues making the models and exporting, but don't understand how to export LOD's. Also, does EACH model get it's own "empty"(?), I've successfully made and exported many hangars into FSX / P3D without any "empties" attached to the model, but recently read somewhere that you need them? (Wonder why I've never seen that in any tutorial I've watched?) I've been down and out a bit lately and haven't been following this thread, but it seems to have gone askew.

I need simple instructions, even if I have to PM someone to ask specific questions. PLEASE do not refer me to some lengthy documentation where I have to struggle through each step to understand what is expected of me. A step by step procedure is remarkably beneficial and helps to understand the order and placement of each step.
Thanks all!

TB2