Moving scenery object

I installed the Nassau Bahamas Landmarks Atlantis program by bahamasflyers, to compliment the new UTX TAC program. There rendition of the Atlantis complex left a lot to be desired. The Atlantis program was based on the default position of the FSX shorelines. UTX shorelines have been altered so that the shorelines are further recessed. I would like to move the entire complex (one file) back about 30' (scale) and get it off the beach.

I converted the bgl to xml, opened the xml and made a change to the longitude, saved the change and then tried to convert the xml back to bgl using the FSX SDK BGL compiler. It would not compile. Just wondering if the BGL2XML would do the trick?
I've attached the file for review.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, it could be my inability to effectively use the programs you suggested Jon, but I still can't compile this file. Want to take a wack at it? I've attached it. If you are successful, please tell me what you used and how you did it.

Thanks

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
As George says the XML is referencing mdl files. You need to place those mdl files in the same folder as the XML before trying to compile. If you have not extracted them then you need to get them before your XML will work

All I can reference here is the original scenery program that came with 4 bgl files and associated texture files. It is attached. Where do I find the mdl files for the Atlantis bgl?

Attachments

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You need to decompile each Bgl file with something like Bgl2Xml or BglAnalyzeX. These will extract any model files that are available. Put the mdl files in the same folder as your Xml file and try to compile again.