• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Moving scenery object

Country
us-massachusetts
I installed the Nassau Bahamas Landmarks Atlantis program by bahamasflyers, to compliment the new UTX TAC program. There rendition of the Atlantis complex left a lot to be desired. The Atlantis program was based on the default position of the FSX shorelines. UTX shorelines have been altered so that the shorelines are further recessed. I would like to move the entire complex (one file) back about 30' (scale) and get it off the beach.

I converted the bgl to xml, opened the xml and made a change to the longitude, saved the change and then tried to convert the xml back to bgl using the FSX SDK BGL compiler. It would not compile. Just wondering if the BGL2XML would do the trick?
I've attached the file for review.

Thanks

Attachments

• ATLANTIS_FSX.xml
    1 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You would need CompilerHelper (available from the downloads here) or Xml2Bgl ( http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/files/Xml2Bgl.zip ) to compile the Xml and be able to see the error messages.

Bgl2Xml might help to extract all the data and models from the source Bgl file.............

Country
us-massachusetts
Jon:

I looked for the compiler helper but could not locate it. Is that the exact title of the program?

Country
us-massachusetts
Well, it could be my inability to effectively use the programs you suggested Jon, but I still can't compile this file. Want to take a wack at it? I've attached it. If you are successful, please tell me what you used and how you did it.

Thanks

Attachments

• ATLANTIS_FSX.xml
    1 KB · Views: 374

GHD

Country
england
You need to have the .mdl files in the same folder as the .xml file.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As George says the XML is referencing mdl files. You need to place those mdl files in the same folder as the XML before trying to compile. If you have not extracted them then you need to get them before your XML will work

Country
us-massachusetts
All I can reference here is the original scenery program that came with 4 bgl files and associated texture files. It is attached. Where do I find the mdl files for the Atlantis bgl?

Attachments

• ATLANTIS.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 326

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You need to decompile each Bgl file with something like Bgl2Xml or BglAnalyzeX. These will extract any model files that are available. Put the mdl files in the same folder as your Xml file and try to compile again.