P3D v4 My Weather Engine ( free )

Hello

i made a simple weather engine that convert weather data to P3D weather themes and apply them in real time

the weather engine is not yet stable and i just made it for fun

i may continu the development in the weekends

if someone needs it i'll share it here

cheers Redouane :)

Untitled.png

Hello
i want to keep this thread up to date
so today i had some free time so here are the features i added :

-improved the UI ( i won't be using it anyway ;) )
-Internal control ( control the engine from the FS )
-i speeded up the convert process ( downloaded data to fs weather )
-you can now request the metar from the nearest station from the fs directelly
-i remaid the log system
-started the custom weather feature
- started configurateing the auto engine ( it will enable itself by itself once the sim launched)

that's what i could do today :)

hello
new features and some UI design :
-the user now has the choice to enable Autoconnect in the settings ( auto connect to P3D )
- same as auto connect we have auto enable ( no need to open the engine menu from addons menu )
-new sync rate algorithme, new system
- new Live services page in the UI
- you now can request metar and taf of an aiport by the icao code
- Request station information ( still buggy but i'm trying my best )
_-_planing for un updator ( an other programme that will update the engine and always check for updates, it will be a DLL)

and i recorded two videos : my weather engine in action , i'll try to upload as soon as possible

Untitled.png

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Hello all
new features for today :)

-Update system 80% done
-User settings UI changed
Hi!

That's interesting what you're doing, I'm watching your posts for a while now. I bought some time ago a weather add-on from a well-known manufacturer and I'm not so happy. I'm curious what will happen next.

Hello again :)
here is what i made and fixed today :
- Wind speed changing without order bug fixed
- QNH problems fixed
- for the UI : i changed some code, not the design, but it is a big change

what i want to add : i really want to make an ACARS, this is easy but i need to open the acars window in the sim
and i don't really know how to do that without gauges so i'm trying my best over here :)

And yes : i did my first complete flight with the engine, it was operating great and that helped detecting some bugs
and ofc the sync rate that will change now from 1 min to 3

that's it for today :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
I'm just asking myself a question. As a developer of windsocks, wind turbines and the like, you have to test wind-related stuff. Is it possible to enter individual weather data yourself, such as wind direction and wind force, which are then injected live?

I'm just asking myself a question. As a developer of windsocks, wind turbines and the like, you have to test wind-related stuff. Is it possible to enter individual weather data yourself, such as wind direction and wind force, which are then injected live?
Do you know if there is a way to spawn clouds at a specific location ? i thought of effects but i want to have clouds instead
any idea ?!

i have problem with weather set radius
as it is really small, the weather keep chenging while you are appraoching and even worse when it rains or when we have crosswinds
i need to make a new algorithme for weather station as default one are useless
worst ever is to get the enroute wether, i have to pay for the Enroute API, so i'll take some time making mine

and for the features i added today :

- Engine can be enabled only internally, ( from the addons menu )
- hurricane simulator is about to see the lights as i could get strong winds of 200Kt
- maybe i'll make a cloud spawner to match real world clouds

cheers

Hello
Since my used API doesnt provide enroute weather, i decided to change it to a new one with better features, however the work becomes harder
Now im working on a new algorithme for the weather, not like two weeks ago when i was just converting the data to p3d weather

New features expected in the next weeks :
- weather data sorting
- enroute weather based on multiple data from many sources
- stable weather radius
- much better clouds

Features that are about to see the light ( completed just testing them ) :

- hurricane simulator [max wind of (200 kt)]
- custom weather generator

Features done this week :
- New settings UI, slight changes
- no need to subscribe to a weather service to get the engine to work, it will do that for you

Hope you will enjoy the engine once released
Have a nice day :)

Hello
no features for today as i was so busy, BUT i did two flights with the engine and it works great, transitions between weather updates is awsome
and the best thing is that as i said above, it contains LIVE service window, that means i got a lot of time to prepare my landing by knowing the weather at my distination

and for CHALENGES Lovers
i tried to land the F16 with 200 kt head wind, well it feels like a helicopter, and good luck on landing with full throttle :p

Have a nice day everyone :)