• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 My Weather Engine ( free )

Country
france
Hello

i made a simple weather engine that convert weather data to P3D weather themes and apply them in real time

the weather engine is not yet stable and i just made it for fun

i may continu the development in the weekends

if someone needs it i'll share it here

cheers Redouane :)

Untitled.png

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Yes. Please share the code or binary if you can.

Country
france
Hello
i want to keep this thread up to date
so today i had some free time so here are the features i added :

-improved the UI ( i won't be using it anyway ;) )
-Internal control ( control the engine from the FS )
-i speeded up the convert process ( downloaded data to fs weather )
-you can now request the metar from the nearest station from the fs directelly
-i remaid the log system
-started the custom weather feature
- started configurateing the auto engine ( it will enable itself by itself once the sim launched)

that's what i could do today :)

Country
france
hello
new features and some UI design :
-the user now has the choice to enable Autoconnect in the settings ( auto connect to P3D )
- same as auto connect we have auto enable ( no need to open the engine menu from addons menu )
-new sync rate algorithme, new system
- new Live services page in the UI
- you now can request metar and taf of an aiport by the icao code
- Request station information ( still buggy but i'm trying my best )
_-_planing for un updator ( an other programme that will update the engine and always check for updates, it will be a DLL)

and i recorded two videos : my weather engine in action , i'll try to upload as soon as possible

Untitled.png

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello all
new features for today :)

-Update system 80% done
-User settings UI changed

Hi!

That's interesting what you're doing, I'm watching your posts for a while now. I bought some time ago a weather add-on from a well-known manufacturer and I'm not so happy. I'm curious what will happen next.

Country
france
Hi!

That's interesting what you're doing, I'm watching your posts for a while now. I bought some time ago a weather add-on from a well-known manufacturer and I'm not so happy. I'm curious what will happen next.

i'm happy to see that people are intrested in that Engine
i though i'm posting and replaying alone XD

i'll keep up the work until it becomes ready to release :)

Country
france
Hello again :)
here is what i made and fixed today :
- Wind speed changing without order bug fixed
- QNH problems fixed
- for the UI : i changed some code, not the design, but it is a big change

what i want to add : i really want to make an ACARS, this is easy but i need to open the acars window in the sim
and i don't really know how to do that without gauges so i'm trying my best over here :)

And yes : i did my first complete flight with the engine, it was operating great and that helped detecting some bugs
and ofc the sync rate that will change now from 1 min to 3

that's it for today :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'm just asking myself a question. As a developer of windsocks, wind turbines and the like, you have to test wind-related stuff. Is it possible to enter individual weather data yourself, such as wind direction and wind force, which are then injected live?

Country
france
yes but you have to enter all the other data with it
all = visibility / QNH / temperature / clouds ......... all
but you can do it ofc :)

Country
france
I'm just asking myself a question. As a developer of windsocks, wind turbines and the like, you have to test wind-related stuff. Is it possible to enter individual weather data yourself, such as wind direction and wind force, which are then injected live?
Do you know if there is a way to spawn clouds at a specific location ? i thought of effects but i want to have clouds instead
any idea ?!

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Do you know if there is a way to spawn clouds at a specific location ? i thought of effects but i want to have clouds instead any idea ?!

No, unfortunately not. I do not know anything about that at all. But you seem to be on a very good way.

Country
france
i have problem with weather set radius
as it is really small, the weather keep chenging while you are appraoching and even worse when it rains or when we have crosswinds
i need to make a new algorithme for weather station as default one are useless
worst ever is to get the enroute wether, i have to pay for the Enroute API, so i'll take some time making mine

and for the features i added today :

- Engine can be enabled only internally, ( from the addons menu )
- hurricane simulator is about to see the lights as i could get strong winds of 200Kt
- maybe i'll make a cloud spawner to match real world clouds

cheers

Country
france
Hello
Since my used API doesnt provide enroute weather, i decided to change it to a new one with better features, however the work becomes harder
Now im working on a new algorithme for the weather, not like two weeks ago when i was just converting the data to p3d weather

New features expected in the next weeks :
- weather data sorting
- enroute weather based on multiple data from many sources
- stable weather radius
- much better clouds

Features that are about to see the light ( completed just testing them ) :

- hurricane simulator [max wind of (200 kt)]
- custom weather generator

Features done this week :
- New settings UI, slight changes
- no need to subscribe to a weather service to get the engine to work, it will do that for you

Hope you will enjoy the engine once released
Have a nice day :)

Country
france
Hello
no features for today as i was so busy, BUT i did two flights with the engine and it works great, transitions between weather updates is awsome
and the best thing is that as i said above, it contains LIVE service window, that means i got a lot of time to prepare my landing by knowing the weather at my distination

and for CHALENGES Lovers
i tried to land the F16 with 200 kt head wind, well it feels like a helicopter, and good luck on landing with full throttle :p

Have a nice day everyone :)