• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Red and White Runway Numbers

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    3.9 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
+1 on this. I get the feeling someone will mention that we have to create something in photoshop/image editing software, then import it into blender, then export that into the sim. There's a whole procedure for how to import custom objects. Would love to hear the official procedure on this if someone has the time as I'm finishing up an airport as well that will need some of these.

Z

Make a painted line and in its properties make it - hold_short_backward_marked - and you'll get a hold short with the runway numbers. If it's the wrong way around for you make it forward_marked.

Make a painted line and in its properties make it - hold_short_backward_marked - and you'll get a hold short with the runway numbers. If it's the wrong way around for you make it forward_marked.

Wow! I knew someone here would figure this out. Thanks.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I am not sure that Custom GPs will work with FS2020 - if you have managed that then we would be very interested in understanding how :)

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
I am not sure that Custom GPs will work with FS2020 - if you have managed that then we would be very interested in understanding how :)

Jon
Ive yet to get my accountant (she who must be obeyed) to release funds for 2020. I just let the OP know some of the potential work ahead of them was hopefully done. If any one wants to have a crack as it as we stand by all means try. I didnt realise it was the 2020 software that was in the mix. Bad - Should read things more rather than jump in . So if Ive given the wrong impression "opps sorry" - However, if some one who has 2020 wants to experiment go for it.................... I'm as interested as you in the diagnoses

Thanks again for your support on this. Unfortunately, all it did was mark a yellow "Plus" marking on the taxiway without a runway number either. I took your advice and tried doing _foward and _backward (saved, built the package, and moved it to the community folder, then loaded the sim) and neither provided me with the red runway number as the OP had mentioned. Any other ideas?

Z

Post a screenshot of the taxiway with the SDK scenery editor and the property window open for the painted line you used. The hold short backward and forward marked painted lines do work for me.

@Jay Bloomfield Thanks for the quick response!!! Here are some pictures. I did one as a H/S Forward Marked *left of centerline one* and the other as Backwards Marked *right of centerline one*.

Attachments

• fwdmarked.png
    fwdmarked.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • backmarked.png
    backmarked.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
Lol you've discovered something funny about marked painted hold short lines. First let's fix it. Click the line and grab each of the endpoints so that the line is parallel to the existing hold short line and spans the entire width of the taxiway. It appears that your line is somehow either very short or rotated such that instead of picking up the runway numbers, it's reproducing the markings at the taxiway's edges. I'm assuming that the adjacent runway is numbered and connected to the taxiway.

Now, I wonder if something creative can come out of your discovery?

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!!! Thank you so much for this!!! Figured out exactly what you were saying and here it is!!! Been racking my brain over this for the past week hahaha!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
=

Attachments

• fwdmarked.png
    fwdmarked.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
Keep in mind that you still need a hold short taxiway point without its line (no draw), else ATC won't tell anyone to hold. Painted lines are just decorative.

Last edited:
@Jay Bloomfield little sneak peak and thanks to your help I've got those red rwy numbers in place!!! Can't wait to finish this up and work on something smaller hahaha!!! DLH has been pretty complex with all of the changing texture elements. I can't imagine doing an airport like ATL, ORD, LAX etc... lol that's gotta be A LOT of work hahaha.

Attachments

• DLHSP.png
    DLHSP.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 60
@Tangerine Sorry for the late reply!!! Everything that I've done so far has all been with stuff within MSFS2020 DevMode. I've just started learning Blender, but it'll be used for custom buildings and maybe an object or two. The SDK/Dev Mode has a ton of stuff and I haven't needed to venture to create my own ground polys yet. Maybe in the future though, as I learn how to develop stuff better.