• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 SH Malta Complete - RELEASED

Country
germany
Dear Developers and Readers,

I have been doing this hobby as a developer for only 4 years, because I was simply looking for a meaningful occupation as a pensioner. In the meantime, this has become a full-time job that I really enjoy.

Everything I had to learn, I could take from this forum. I don't want to think about what would happen if this forum didn't exist. Many thanks to all colleagues who provide their knowledge and the software here.

So, a big thank you to all of you who selflessly make your work available as well.

My thanks also go to payware developers, who also help here and make some valuable things available.

I am happy to learn something new almost every day and to keep my brain fit.

So what I can make available as freeware only exists because you exist.

To all members and readers a happy and healthy new year 2019 with many new addons.

Country
germany
I also follow this thread with great interest.
Thanks for the intervention 'cause of the posts that had nothing to do with the topic.

Country
germany
I also follow this thread with great interest.
Thanks for the intervention 'cause of the posts that had nothing to do with the topic.

Thanks, here the newest.

There's something technical today.

Luqa has cross runways of different lengths. The FS only uses the main runway in this case. And so it is with the Payware of Luqa also. the RWY 5 is only decorative accessory.

Different Developers offer solutions via configurators and different AFCAD files and X-Wind Fake Runways, which fake parallel operation. For example FT EHAM

That's history at Simmershome Luqa. We (Holi51 and I) have been puzzling for a long time and get along with a single Afcad without a configurator and without ADE X-Wind Runways. The AI also works.

What does the user have to do?
Nothing, except choose the wind direction and wind force in the FS menu or use a weather addon. So as with a runway or parallel runways.

Here the pictures of the FS menu:

Wind 57

conditions57jbcwd.jpg

Active RWY 5

active57-5bwd15.jpg

Wind 149

conditions149-1317i4z.jpg

Active RWY 13

active149-13ancxp.jpg

Wind 217

conditions217-23efda2.jpg

Active RWY 23

active217-23qdd92.jpg

Wind 333

condition333-3144dwp.jpg

Active RWY 31

active333-31loddf.jpg

Additionally there is for the freeware of Luqa alternatively a 30cm/px aerial photo or the complete Airport ground in 7cm/px

Country
germany
Just fantastic! As you can see, how much work you put into this project. I'm curious what the end result looks like, as it looks like the freeware already offers more than the payware counterpart. :)

Country
germany
Just fantastic! As you can see, how much work you put into this project. I'm curious what the end result looks like, as it looks like the freeware already offers more than the payware counterpart. :)
Thanks, but this is a long way:)

Country
germany
At the end of the day and exceptionally in PNG

SH Ground Luqa 7cm Not EXP10 - untouched Fotoground

Both over an AI Aircraft recorded 100m or 50m over Ground

100m

50m

If you want this you have to download 800MB additionally after release.

Country
germany
Is this the imagery from Google?
This imagery ist from Goggle licensed on this base:
https://simmershome.de/rechtshinweise-fotoszenerien/

The imagery is color and brightness corrected, LOD19 and compiled with fraction bits. Resolution untouched.
The imagery only runs in P3Dv4 for license reasons ( see above link) and cannot be used in other simulators. In other words, it is not visible in FSX.
In this resolution I need for LMML Airport seven imageries with seven blendmasks

Last edited:
Country
germany
I was busy creating signs for a few days and built complete sets for upcoming sceneries.
The question was also how to present the concise aprons. Especially how to avoid very conspicuous texture repetitions from the height.

In the end I decided to overlay aerial photos with my own layer, because it comes closest to reality.

The Payware uses an aerial photo which you can find in Sketchup at the geo locations. And the aprons are purely synthetic.

In return you need 7cm terrain and 4096 texture resolution (alternatively 2048) for my scenery.
I'd at least like to look alike. The performance has not been impaired so far.

Today we have an insight into the Apron 4 WIP.

From the height

At parking with GSX

Country
germany
And why? The cross runways working depend from wind directions. Or you switch in the confurator 13/31 only.

Country
germany
LMML has lots of taxiways that are not only old, but also cracked and rimless. Also the user of the place in the simulator moves quite long on this taxiway. At Simmershome there is now (where in reality also) an end to hard defined taxiways. In Malta they would totally destroy the feeling.

To clarify what I mean.

This is what a taxiway looks like on Google off the main taxiways in Malta. And still in use.

This is how it looks in the current payware (released)

And this is how they will look in freeware (all WIP) and image in the same place as Payware

Last edited:
Country
germany
Today, the focus was on optimizing the ground textures in order to have a texture set with which the ground polys can be quickly generated and harmoniously matched.

So goal:

1. increase realism on the ground
2. suppress texture repetition in height
3. harmonious interaction of all textures.

If you have such a texture set together (which is a real puzzle) you can create the whole ground with Custom Ground Polys.

Picture 1 Apron example

Picture 2 View from height

Picture 3 Interaction of all components

I think it looks very harmonious and I can now create the ground more quickly.