• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 T-346A

Country
us-colorado
I absolutely LOVE the M-346. Do you plan to include an external stores manager (fuel tanks and weapons)? Hopefully you will include a paintkit as well...I am REALLY looking forward to this one!

Looks beautiful!!!

Kent

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Yes Kent, the plan is to include a stores manager with a couple of different IR missiles, fuel tanks, practice bombs dispenser, gunpod and smoke generators. I'm not entirely sure I'll add more to that though. The new versions of the real plane being developed now with true attack capabilities won't probably be succesfull on the market, so I guess we'll see.

Paintkit is the bare minimum for any commercial add-on, so yes to that.:)

Ronald

Resource contributor
Do you have any news to share on this wonderful bird Luca?

The new versions of the real plane being developed now with true attack capabilities won't probably be succesfull on the market, so I guess we'll see.
How about adding TacPack integration to it?

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Well, I've been deep into my new job lately. Standing in front of a monitor 9 hours a day does really impact my will to come home and do the same thing. Not to mention the fact that in the span of a couple of months I had to learn CATIA, AutoCad and KeyCreator. You wouldn't believe the confusion in my head even right now. If I had to open Max, my brain would probably explode!:whiteflag

Ronald

Resource contributor
Yes I can imaging your current head_overload pretty well. Take is easy @ home and keep the blue side up ;-)

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
I think that problem is hardware related, Tom. The only thing I managed to double software wise was the malt in my beer. Luckily no backwards compatibility!:laughing:

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Well...I'm unemployed again, hence work has slowly restarted. I took the new fuselage and did an optimization pass on it, there were really too many polys due to the nature of turbosmooth. To my surprise, I was able to cut the polycount by more than half, from 82k down to 37k, without a visible loss in quality. In some places, hand editing even brought better results. I also prepped it for wings mating and finished the new vertical fin. So far so good.

wT0vLdO.jpg

O80Un0O.jpg

Next step, the detail pass.:coffee:

Ronald

Resource contributor
Well...I'm unemployed again, hence work has slowly restarted.
Sad to read news Luca... How can they let a talented modeling guy like you go? (If I may ask) what has happened?
At the other side: Now you got more time to develop your modeling skills on the T-346 :)

Thanks for the sharing the mesh-pictures Luca. She's still looking great on a reduced polycount!

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Long story short, the tenders I had to work on were given to a random Indian supplier, so my position was not needed anymore. You gotta love free market (and corporate greed).

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
You have nothing to envy Sergio, from what I've seen you're doing mighty fine! (and actually releasing something!)

Country
mexico
You have nothing to envy Sergio, from what I've seen you're doing mighty fine! (and actually releasing something!)

I'd rather use admiration instead of envy (such an ugly word :duck:).On the other hand, it's "easy" to release something; but not what we have here! High quality as yours, takes a lot of time and effort.

Keep up this outstandig modeling work and always at your own pace!
All the best,
Sergio.
;)

Country
mexico
Hello Luca

That is... that is... perfect; superb!!! Incredible details product of an elegant and highly refined technique. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Right now, I noticed that I left my mouth open almost 10 minutes... :D :D :D

That masterpiece is maturing day by day as the best vintage wine.
Sergio.
:)

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Little update...went half way through all you see here just to discover a big bistake in the base mesh, so I had to fix the offending part (1/4 of fuselage lol) and redo all the details a second time...the joy!:censored:

iAi49ei.jpg

SktATfN.jpg