• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Transferring P3D v4 (and earlier) project files to use with P3D v5

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks - I will try and take a look at it

Country
unitedstates
Jon, after a lot of experimenting, I found this problem is only associated with the project file I sent you..aka, no other airport project file.
I took took this project file and deleted ALL taxiway signs via ADE, compiled and now have ALL the taxiway signs back, yet ADE lists NONE.
You being the expert and knowing I have a problem with my head in the dark place...any ideas? Remember, this project file, months ago was brought over
from P3Dv4 and I used your process (or at least I "think" I followed your process) to remove stock data status, etc. But someplace along the line, I may not have.
Might this update info help? I went from no taxiway signs and could not add any, to being able to add one (as a test) and ALL the stock signs are now present BUT ADE lists none.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Jon, after a lot of experimenting, I found this problem is only associated with the project file I sent you..aka, no other airport project file.
I took took this project file and deleted ALL taxiway signs via ADE, compiled and now have ALL the taxiway signs back, yet ADE lists NONE.
You being the expert and knowing I have a problem with my head in the dark place...any ideas? Remember, this project file, months ago was brought over
from P3Dv4 and I used your process (or at least I "think" I followed your process) to remove stock data status, etc. But someplace along the line, I may not have.
Might this update info help? I went from no taxiway signs and could not add any, to being able to add one (as a test) and ALL the stock signs are now present BUT ADE lists none.
Thanks for the extra information. I am not able to offer an explanation so far

Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the extra information. I am not able to offer an explanation so far
Jon, I have spent a few long hours trying to get a better handle on this. Today I reverted back to P3Dv5.1 (hotfix1) where I "thought" the issue of no taxiway signs DID NOT happen, I was wrong. I even went back to an AD4 project file for KDFW of April 2021. Still no taxiway signs, yet I can add and compile other scenery objects...windsocks for example.
I then took the 4/21 version which I "thought" was ok and noticed there were 2 control towers together on the west side. So I followed your process (please tell me if I did this in the wrong order)
1. Remove stock data status
2. Remove stock data
3. Load stock data
4. Delete stock data

All is goodness until #3, wherein ADE bails with the attached screenshot. This is directly related to the size of the AD4 as I have gone thru and deleted many objects and if I can get the AD4 down to 5,400 to 6,000KB ADE doesnt bail with the out of memory.

With the out of memory issue, I am stopped.
Please advise if I followed your directions correctly.
Dont spend any time with this problem on 5.2....it apparently started much earlier....sorry.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• V5.2 Out of Memory_Capture.PNG
    V5.2 Out of Memory_Capture.PNG
    675 KB · Views: 137

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - ADE 178/9 is a 32bit program which can run out of memory, ADE2020 is 64 bit and therefore can handle more memory. I am looking to see whether the solution applied to ADE 2020 can be applied to 1.78/9 If so we may have a solution to your issue

Country
unitedstates
OK - ADE 178/9 is a 32bit program which can run out of memory, ADE2020 is 64 bit and therefore can handle more memory. I am looking to see whether the solution applied to ADE 2020 can be applied to 1.78/9 If so we may have a solution to your issue
Many thanks. It would help a lot.
Now, is ADE 2020 currently ONLY for MSFS?
Also, the 4 steps I mentioned above using the tools you created in ADE 178/9, are those steps correct?
Cheers

Country
unitedstates
Also, the 4 steps I mentioned above using the tools you created in ADE 178/9, are those steps correct?
Cheers
Jon, I will try to shut up and stop bugging you, but I just had an "ah ha" moment. As mentioned, I executed the above 4 steps on an imported P3dv4 project file for KDFW.
I was able to successfully get it to compile, no OOM and still now taxiway signs... THEN I closed ADE down, restarted and "opened from the bgl" KDFW...the very same as I had just compiled and low and behold ALL of the taxiway signs have "exclusions" rectangles...all of them.
Does this help to figure out what I did wrong?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Cheers

ADE 2020 works only with MSFS

Country
unitedstates
Jon, I will try to shut up and stop bugging you, but I just had an "ah ha" moment. As mentioned, I executed the above 4 steps on an imported P3dv4 project file for KDFW.
I was able to successfully get it to compile, no OOM and still now taxiway signs... THEN I closed ADE down, restarted and "opened from the bgl" KDFW...the very same as I had just compiled and low and behold ALL of the taxiway signs have "exclusions" rectangles...all of them.
Does this help to figure out what I did wrong?
With the update to 64bit I can now reliably compile, store, etc. this very large KDFW I have created. As for the "ah-ha" moment, I have recovered ALL of the taxiway signs. A total dumb move by myself. In your instructions for moving a project file from P3Dv4 to v5, the last 2 steps caused me to go into idiot cycles. You state "Load Stock Data" (all of it), then you state "Delete Stock Data". And I did exactly that...BUT I deleted the stock data manually (via the List Stock Data), I did NOT use the "Remove Stock Data" tool, thus the stock object was gone BUT the micro exclusions remained. As you would probably say "bloody idiot" and that would be a good place to start.
All is now goodness...sorry for the thrash...if everything else fails... RTFM!!
Cheers

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No worries - it happens to all of us ;)

Country
us-virginia
Hello,

I'm trying to convert P3Dv4 ADE project for ZSPD scenery by WS into P3Dv5 valid ADE. I loaded V4 project into V5 ADE and then simply recompiled the file into V5. All the objects works without an issue, BUT AI wheels are sinking. I increased the height of the airport via airport reference, however the scenery ground and runways textures half disappeared :-(.

Would appreciate any help.