• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Vector Polygon does not appear in FSX

Country
norway
I've been using SBX for some days now, and I'm trying to make landclass around Paris CDG. I Used the vector polygon tool to cover the airport backround with grass and some areas with city landscape. I compiled the airport and runned FSX. To my suprise, there was no grass or city landscape, just the satelite image and some generic buildings I've added!

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    823.8 KB · Views: 240

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Photoreal has a higher draw priority than landclass. If the airport and city are covered by satellite imagery in the sim, the landclass polys that you added will not show. All autogen trees and buildings will also be excluded in this area.

Country
norway
So there is no way to let the landclass apper at the top? However, all the building and objects inside the airport area is visible.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
I'm not exactly sure what the default Render Priority number is for photoreal, but the only way that may work is to find the appropriate landclass entry in the terrain.cfg and change it's RenderPriority value to one that is higher than that of the photoreal. Although, I really wouldn't recommend doing this if you will be releasing this scenery as it could screw up other scenery areas for the end user. Plus, honestly I have no idea if this method will even work.

[EDIT]
The safest way to go about this (If the priority method does work) would be to create and append your own landclass entries, however that takes a little work to do right. Someone else would have to walk you through this as I have only dabbled in it myself.

Those buildings/objects are visible in the sim because they are placed as scenery objects, thus they are not excluded. Autogen is typically placed with the Autogen Annotator in the SDK. This is how you would add trees and general houses on top of the photoreal.

Country
norway
Like to add landclasses after the photoreal image, then delete the image? My main goal with this is to make winter version of Paris CDG and the area around.

Rotornut44

Resource contributor
Country
us-florida
Actually, thinking back now, if you want the landclass to show above the photoreal, you could also just use a blendmask in the photoreal to make a transparent area where you want landclass to show through. Not sure why I didn't think of that in my last post as it would be so much easier..

Country
norway
Wait a minute, it works with erasing away some parts of the image, but i still can't see the city and forest landscape. However, I can see the airport backround.

Last edited: