P3D v4 visibility conditions for scenery objects

tgibson

Resource contributor
The way you get your jetway to show up in the sim is to assign the GUID of your new jetway instead of the GUID of the default jetway in the airport's XML code. ADE lets you do this if you have ProKey in Tools/Raw Data View.

Right you are, Tom?. Did not think of that!
But would I have to do that both in the xml AND in the ADE?
And if I assign a new GUID in the xml, do I have to use the same GUID for my model part as well as the model?

tgibson

Resource contributor
I assume that you assigned a Friendly Name and GUID for the model in your modeling program. That is the GUID of the jetway. Then in ADE you change the default GUID number to this GUID number (again, I assume).

You misunderstood, Tom.
I know how to do it with SODE but I want to forego SODE and would want to do it without.
It will be a SimObject of course because we do not have (yet?) the possibilities to add some of what we need to Scenery Objects.
What I would like to know is whether I have to change the GUID of the "JetwayHoodExtend" and the "JetwayHoodRetract" and how I can assign a proximity or frequency trigger?

Hello all
I wanna make a clock, so I made this code
and I want to know how can I floor the value that I get before I set the frame

and for the minutes, can I make some if statements like if minutes is greater than 60 then subtract 60 and recheck again so if we're clear we floor the value and set the frame
I'm used to real programming, not the P3D logic so please understand how I think :p
and yeah, is there a way to set like local variables, to do much more complex tasks and get advanced animations?

thnx in advance

XML:
  <PartInfo>
    <Name>Clock</Name>
    <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>
          (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 3600 /
        </Code>
        <Lag>60</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It will be a SimObject of course because we do not have (yet?) the possibilities to add some of what we need to Scenery Objects.
What I would like to know is whether I have to change the GUID of the "JetwayHoodExtend" and the "JetwayHoodRetract" and how I can assign a proximity or frequency trigger?
Why would you need such triggers? If you make them with the proper jet way animations you can just use the Ctrl-J jet way command to let them dock to your aircraft. You need to use the specific animations FS has for that, so no need to change guids.

A small contribution from my side:
<PartInfo>
<Name>foggy_lightson</Name>
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>
(O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 50 &gt;= (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 2000 &lt;= and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
(E:TIME OF DAY, number) 2.0 &gt;= (E:TIME OF DAY, number) 1.0 &lt;= or if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</PartInfo>

Custom approach lighting is also turned on in dense fog (vis < 2km). I am not sure if landing is permitted when visibility is less than 50m.
Thanks for all your help.

PS: When do airports turn on their approach and runway lights in real life? And at what visibility or other conditions is a runway closed for landing or take off even for IFR?

Last edited:
Hi,

My small contribution (the xml code) was wrong as the lights also stayed on during daytime in clear weather conditions:(.
Took me some brain wrecking to find a solution but I found it.
The code should look like this:

<PartInfo>
<Name>foggy_lightson</Name>
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>
(O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 20 &gt;= (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 3500 &lt;= and
(E:TIME OF DAY, number) 1 != (O:Weather.AmbientVisibility, meters) 3500 &gt;= and
or if{ 1 } els{ 0 }
</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</PartInfo>

Cheers,