• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards)

Country
malaysia
Hello,

I just recently started using this Blender2FSX/P3D tool in an attempt to create a Sim Object to import into Prepar3D. I was able to create and texture the object in Blender while following the steps listed on page one of this thread. When I spawn the Sim Object and view it in P3D though, I can see my model but it is all black without the texture appearing. I have made sure to include my model where the other Sim Objects are in Program Files/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/SimObjects/Misc. I have a base folder in there with a model folder, a texture folder, and a sim.cfg file. In the model folder I have my .mdl file and a model.cfg file. In my texture folder I have a texture.cfg file as well as my two image files (diffuse and bump). My texture image files were converted from bmp files to dds using ImageTool and I made sure to change the format to DXT 5 before saving it as a dds. My model is still showing up completely black. Does anybody have an idea of how I might be able to fix this and make my texture appear on the object?

Thanks
It will be helpful to diagnose if you can attach the files here.

Country
us-pennsylvania
Here are the files I'm using. The Berm folder is the one that is stored in the P3D SimObjects/Misc folder and then there is the Blender file itself. The bmp images I'm using are attached in the second folder.

Attachments

• BermAssets.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • BermBMP.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 328
Country
malaysia
Here are the files I'm using. The Berm folder is the one that is stored in the P3D SimObjects/Misc folder and then there is the Blender file itself. The bmp images I'm using are attached in the second folder.
Hi,

Sorry for late reply.

I found your problem. Please change the following details on your:

sim.cfg file as follows:
texture=1 to texture=

and

texture.cfg file as follows:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\Texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Content\Scenery\Global\Texture

Here is your model with texture after done the correction:
1570969277980.png

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
forgive me if this has been covered, but does this work in Blender 2.82?

Hello TB,

The "toolset" doesn't not work with Blender v2.82. The "toolset" is for Blender v2.79b Only.
If you need to download v2.79b I can give you a link to it.

Last edited:
Country
malaysia
Hi everyone,

After a long time, @Vitus has take initiative to update the toolset to a newer version which support both FSX/P3D v1-v4.3 (Specular material) and P3D-PBR (v.4.4 and above). He has made a tremendous improvement to the new toolset. Thank you for that!

Newer version of the toolset has been released for testing purpose. You may find the information here:
For your information, this toolset only supported for newer versions of Blender 2.8 onwards. So, those who have not migrate to the newer version, you may continue using Blender2FSX/P3D (v0.9.5 onwards) which is found on the first post of this thread. I would like to suggest that everyone should upgrade to the newer version of Blender 2.8 and start using the new toolset because it makes us easier in scenery development.

Country
malaysia
Hi .
I have a question for MANOCHVARMA RAMAN: Could you implement the option to create Empty Attach Point for Catapult/Arrestor Operations in Blender2FSX/P3D?
The points are:
attachpt_catapult_start_n,
attachpt_catapult_end_n,
attachpt_blast_shield_n,
attachpt_runway_start,
attachpt_runway_end,
attachpt_runway_edg,
attachpt_cable_n_1,
attachpt_cable_n_2.
I even created a separate topic "Catapult/Arrestor Operations", but the lack of response indicates that it is not possible in the current version of Blender2FSX/P3D.
Without these points, it is not possible to make a fully functioning aircraft carrier in Blender.
In the 3DS version it looks like this:
1528474991472-png.42449

Here is a description of the use of these points:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Catapult/Arrestor_Operations_(FSXA)
Best regards.
Hi @kowal5376,

Regarding your request, I think Vitus was able to make it success on the newer version of toolset (refer post #169 to download the newer version).

A reply from him as follows:
The empty attach points should be possible now. You can create an empty attach point, you just have to give it a name. And if the carrier mechanics is looking for defined keywords, simply use those. I didn't want to use a dropdown or any other pre-defined list, because there might be a case of people wanting to use the attachpoint for something we haven't even thought of and need to give them their own name.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Hi @kowal5376,

Regarding your request, I think Vitus was able to make it success on the newer version of toolset (refer post #169 to download the newer version).

A reply from him as follows:
@kowal5376: I am also currently updating the wiki about this particular issue, I should be done writing soon. I think the way the attachpoints are integrated now should solve your particular issue, but please let me know if that's not the case!

Country
malaysia
Hello MANOCHVARMA,

I have a small suggestion, it would be really nice if we could
save settings that are applied to the materials.

Copying and pasting a material setting is not the solution for
FSX / P3D settings in Blender.

For example in MCX, we create a template or we
save a setting:

View attachment 42486

Then just apply a saved setting:

View attachment 42487

I hope that it will be possible
Thank you very much for taking in hand this magic tool :)

Good luck,
Hi @FSX3D ,

I have talked about your request to Vitus and he says he don't think will apply this feature on the newer toolset.
The reason is that this is basically just needed for Specular material, because it's so freakin' complicated. PBR is rather simple - transparency in PBR seems to be rather simple too. So why waste time with old technology that will die anyway :)
I felt what he says is absolutely correct. People are switching to newer technology and it might make less people creating scenery work for older technology/simulator. Therefore, I would like to convey my apologies to you that I couldn't full fill your wish on this part. Very sorry for it.

Country
malaysia
Thank you
MANOCHVARMA RAMAN

but I proposed this for the old method in blender 2.79 ...

But it's nice not to have forgotten it :)
I have recorded most of the features the scenery developers suggested in this thread in a word document so that I won't forget about it and will be easier for me to refer it next time during the upgrade process.

Yes, I understand your requested this feature for the old toolset version. I have shared the to do list to Vitus since he took over initiative to update the toolset to support Blender 2.8+. So, the older version toolset will not be updated after this because the latest Blender version has many improved and new features which I feel it is easier for the designer to do their work. Off course the migration process might take sometime to understand the location of certain buttons and feature changes from Blender 2.79 to Blender 2.8. Myself too had some difficulties during the migration period but now I feel Blender 2.8 make our life easier. So, I would suggest you to look at it too and use the latest upgraded version of the toolset. :)

Country
france
So there I am 100% agree with you and I am already well familiar with version 2.80 :)

Thanks again for listing one of my wishes, I'm working
only on landscapes but on certain surfaces
I will come back to use PBR textures :)

Strength and courage at Vitus, You can put a button
for a contribution!

Take your time CaptX must be proud too;)

And as always thanks to fsdeveloper !!!

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello

After installing/activating load up Blender and press the N key,... what shows up on your end?

Edit: He might have to sign-in to the wiki if he hasn't done so as of yet... which mean he might be delayed in looking at the wiki ( just thought of it - since it is a new login process) in the meantime, this is what you should see after pressing the N key.

300px-Blender2p3dfsx_setup4.jpg

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Thanks a lot for your help. Found the toolset at looking at Blender tutorials for beginners.

Have a good week
Hannes

Country
unitedkingdom
I installed the latest version for Blender 2.91 however it doesnt install and nothing shows up where as the original link provided on page 1 installs but obv doesn't work with blender 2.91 and requires blender 2.8
Kindly help me out :c