• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
I shouldn't be asking this I know, since no one has seen the SDK yet, but regarding MS2020, is there anything you can think of that will prevent the AI ships to be used in it? Or maybe converted to, since it should still be using some of FSX's core
It has been mentioned that MS will include aircraft AND ships AI, but I can't imagine it will be as detailed as yours with both detail and traffic plans. I know that MS will reach out to developers of aircrafts, sceneries and addons, and I hope you'll also be one of them.
Time will show...

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hello, just wanted to draw your attention to the RCN Halifax Class Frigate "Ai Ville de Quebec". Some 2 years ago I contacted the creator Jean Pierre Fillion, with a request for some help as I was trying to repaint the ship to the correct color. He was kind enough to repaint the ship using a color swatch I provided, he even did some further tweaks after we discussed his 1st change. Canadian Navy Vessels aren't grey but are a sea-green, only the tops of the decks are grey. The update is on his site. I changed my hull numbers for my own use to a smaller font and added the 5 FFH's of the West Coast Fleet stationed in Esquimalt. Perhaps you could post the info or update the pack.

Here;s a few photo's.

Attachments

• FFH-338.jpg
    FFH-338.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 508
  • Esquimalt 2.jpg
    Esquimalt 2.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 516
Country
denmark
Hello, just wanted to draw your attention to the RCN Halifax Class Frigate "Ai Ville de Quebec". Some 2 years ago I contacted the creator Jean Pierre Fillion, with a request for some help as I was trying to repaint the ship to the correct color. He was kind enough to repaint the ship using a color swatch I provided, he even did some further tweaks after we discussed his 1st change. Canadian Navy Vessels aren't grey but are a sea-green, only the tops of the decks are grey. The update is on his site. I changed my hull numbers for my own use to a smaller font and added the 5 FFH's of the West Coast Fleet stationed in Esquimalt. Perhaps you could post the info or update the pack.

Here;s a few photo's.

Thanks for the feedback - there are no immediate plans of an update, but there might be a small fix launched and then I will include it. Currently I am working on some classic ships and playing a bit with Blender to see if the ships could be formatted to suit FS2020 if it allows for AI shipping...

Country
denmark
The first of the new classic ships is taking shape - the Atlantic Conveyor - a container ship turned aircraft carrier by the Royal Navy and later sunk by an Argentinian exocet... Still some work to do on textures e.g. numbering, and I also need to do a Westland Wessex to get the cargo complete...

19120808583416112916547025.jpg

19120808583316112916547023.jpg

19120808583416112916547024.jpg

Country
austria
Hi Henrik,
I watched one of your wonderful boats with FSX nearly Santorini. The boat Argyll has obviously a little bug. If it's time for departing is coming the boat moves very slowly back. After ten minutes I gave up watching, because it doesn't drive forwards.
The boat can drive forward very fast if you step in a little later as its flightplan start.
What can cause this behavior? Contact points? or something else?

Country
denmark
Hi Henrik,
I watched one of your wonderful boats with FSX nearly Santorini. The boat Argyll has obviously a little bug. If it's time for departing is coming the boat moves very slowly back. After ten minutes I gave up watching, because it doesn't drive forwards.
The boat can drive forward very fast if you step in a little later as its flightplan start.
What can cause this behavior? Contact points? or something else?
Well, the problem is that you look at it at the time it departs... The bug is not in the boat, but in the route and the way FSX handles the traffic - A ship will move backwards until the second node in a KML route, and then turn around and sail forward. For a ferry or a freight ship this would be normal, but not for a sail ship. In order not to have sailboats going backwards over long distances I make the distance between the last two nodes short - and if you start looking at the wrong moment, you might see what you saw - but alternatively you could have seen a sailboat going backwards fast over a longer distance... a choice between evils...

Country
denmark
Unfortunately some of my ships have been included in a Syrian Coast project released on Rikooo without appropriate permission - please do not download and install as it is incompatible with the Global AI Ship Traffic Project. If you already did - you should reinstall the Global AI Ship Traffic project overwriting files from the Syrian Coast project. I am trying to get the file removed ASAP.

Country
denmark
The Syrian Coast scenery has now been taken down from Rikoooo and will be replaced with a file without ships from Global AI Ship Traffic. For those who eventually installed this scenery and had already Global AI Ship Traffic installed you will have lost maybe 10-15% of the global AI ship traffic as the Syrian project overwrote the sim.cfgs in several ship folders from the Global AI Ship Traffic and removed a large number of ships. I will post a patch over the weekend so that you don't have to reinstall everything.