• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE and FS2020

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Sooner or later I have to write something about this. I've been asked once or twice whether ADE will work with FS2020. The short answer is I hope so.

The reason for my caution is two fold. First there are internal tools in the FS2020 SDK and some folks will prefer the in sim way of doing things. So is there going to be an audience for ADE 2020?

The second is that FS2020 is really quite a lot different than FSX (yep we need to talk about FSX not P3D remember the developer is Microsoft). I've been told by some that it really isn't much different. Well maybe but I think it safe to say that it is FSX with lots of added bits and quite a few changed bits. I am still aware of the NDAs (God how many of those have I signed up to) but don't expect that we can just fiddle a few bits in changed file formats like we did with P3D v5 and on we go. So here is the plan
  • There is an ADE 2020 in development. It is a separate application from the current ADE which will continue to support legacy FS9/FSX and P3D.
  • It will be a while in the works and meantime I will continue to watch the progress of the internal tools.
  • Don't expect to see the same stuff in ADE 20 (yep that's the catchy working title) as ADE. It's not a straight port.
  • I will be asking in a little while for some folks to help with this in terms of testing etc.

Country
unitedstates
Good Luck Jon. I will be very excited about this new FS2020 and ADE 2020. I hope I can get everything library Objects.

Thank you.

Stuart

Country
brazil
Sooner or later I have to write something about this. I've been asked once or twice whether ADE will work with FS2020. The short answer is I hope so.

The reason for my caution is two fold. First there are internal tools in the FS2020 SDK and some folks will prefer the in sim way of doing things. So is there going to be an audience for ADE 2020?

The second is that FS2020 is really quite a lot different than FSX (yep we need to talk about FSX not P3D remember the developer is Microsoft). I've been told by some that it really isn't much different. Well maybe but I think it safe to say that it is FSX with lots of added bits and quite a few changed bits. I am still aware of the NDAs (God how many of those have I signed up to) but don't expect that we can just fiddle a few bits in changed file formats like we did with P3D v5 and on we go. So here is the plan
  • There is an ADE 2020 in development. It is a separate application from the current ADE which will continue to support legacy FS9/FSX and P3D.
  • It will be a while in the works and meantime I will continue to watch the progress of the internal tools.
  • Don't expect to see the same stuff in ADE 20 (yep that's the catchy working title) as ADE. It's not a straight port.
  • I will be asking in a little while for some folks to help with this in terms of testing etc.
These are Good news Jon.

Country
spain
As always, thanks for your splendid, fantastic and generous work, I am looking forward to the ADE 20, if at any time you need Betatester or any other help, I am at your disposal

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As always, thanks for your splendid, fantastic and generous work, I am looking forward to the ADE 20, if at any time you need Betatester or any other help, I am at your disposal

Thank you, I am sure we will be asking for help before too long :)

Country
us-california
Great news Jon! Only downloaded 2020 yesterday, but already I've found things that need "fixing". Can't wait for ADE 20 to come online! Thanks for all your efforts over the years.

Country
panama
Count me in as a "tester" when you are ready, I believe we all will need ADE 2020 for sure!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Thanks guys - it will be a few weeks before I get anything that I would risk releasing to y'all :)

GHD

Country
england
Hi Jon,

FSUIPC7 beta works with 2020 (at least it returns the user's aircraft lat/long).

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yes it does I have connected ADE to F20 and been able to move the plane around from ADE. Pete/John have done a great job with it. I kind of expect the FSUIPC functions in ADE to all work. ADE also auto connects

GHD

Country
england
Great.

All I need now is to find some way to get a top-down view in 2020 and to be able to slew with the joystick.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Yep - I have asked about this and not found a way :(

Country
spain
Apparently it comes well equipped with views, however for those of us who have Copickt, I can't find a way to remove the instruments from the external visual to fly from my copickt which we have always done with the W key, it may not be possible at the moment ?

Country
unitedstates
Apparently it comes well equipped with views, however for those of us who have Copickt, I can't find a way to remove the instruments from the external visual to fly from my copickt which we have always done with the W key, it may not be possible at the moment ?
I believe you can use the drone camera and there is a “top down” bind for it