• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
Wondering if there has been any updates for FS2020? Any way I can help with something?
No, updates yet... working on it but there are several issues to be solved...
  • conversion... everything can already display, but while a quick fix conversion can be done in minutes, there are many files needing more attention in order to show correctly and I will only do a partial conversion in the first place
  • hard decks... no hard decks so far and no helis or jets on the aircraft carriers
  • light maps... a whole different story in MSFS, so the first version will only be a simple conversion and no emissive lights
  • effects... displaying but the wake is flat and not following the waves and smokes and spray is very "thin" compared to FSX and P3D giving a lot of effects to correct
  • routes... displaying, but some strange things happens with confusion of textures, so if two sister ships with different texture folders and paints but similar texture names are on the same route, the sim might show incorrectly two ships with the same paint or correctly the two sisters with each their paint... ships seems to appear a bit randomly...
However, I'm positive this will end out extremely nicely sometime in the near future...

20110309094116112917108807.jpg

Arctic Princess in the English Channel - apart from the wake the sea is much more real than in FSX or P3D

And to make things more fun I got a good challenge from the Danish shipping line DFDS... they have provided documentation for modelling their entire fleet and AIS data for global positioning of the ships in real time :D Hopefully this can be done once the other challenges above are solved... So far the DFDS fleet will be added according to their official schedules on their routes in the Mediterranean, the English Channel, the North Sea, and the Baltic Sea, but if AI planes can be added according flight tracking then we should also get ships in...

20110308581516112917108804.jpg

Above DFDS Ark Dania passing the three wind mills on the Northern tip of Fanø, Denmark last Sunday afternoon and below same ship, same spot, and same time in MSFS... the weather was a bit nicer online, but actually the sun was also cutting through the clouds in real life moments before I took the above picture....
20110308574016112917108803.jpg

Country
argentina
Dear KL791 I am really delighted with the possibility that Henrik Nielsen´ships will be also playable in MSFS2020. I hope it is available as soon as possible.

Country
denmark
Dear KL791 I am really delighted with the possibility that Henrik Nielsen´ships will be also playable in MSFS2020. I hope it is available as soon as possible.

We will get there... Here another DFDS ship doing its' maiden voyage in MSFS and below it is real life counter part during sea trials...

20111509010716112917128402.jpg

showphoto.aspx

Country
finland
Looking very much forward to this. I already have the old package in MSFS and that one is adding a lot to the immersion even though lots of routes and ships are missing from the Baltics. Making the ships go according to online AIS data from something like VesselFinder would be absolutely fantastic.

Country
finland
Is it at all possible to add routes to the fsx-version when using it in MSFS? I have tried, but not succeeded.

I made a route (Turku, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden) in Google Earth, gave it a five-digit number that I think is unique and saved it as KML. Then I disassembled one of the BGL files in scenery/world/Scenery using AIBTC, replaced the coordinates in the KLM-file with the new ones from my route and changed the number and filename accordingly. Also changed the boat names to AI_Gabriella and AI_Cinderella in the Boats file and adjusted the Plan file with the new number and appropriate schedule times (in GMT times). Then compiled the new BGL using AIBTC. Finally, I re-built the layout.json to get the new file included in it. Started the sim. Gabriella appeared at the end point of the route for a short while when I adjusted the time close to the start time in the schedule, but then it just disappeared, and haven't been seen since... I can find neither ship along that route. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong, or is it just not possible to do it this way? I attach the files I have produced if someone wants to study them.

Attachments

• Turku-Stockholm.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 144
Country
denmark
Is it at all possible to add routes to the fsx-version when using it in MSFS? I have tried, but not succeeded.

I made a route (Turku, Finland to Stockholm, Sweden) in Google Earth, gave it a five-digit number that I think is unique and saved it as KML. Then I disassembled one of the BGL files in scenery/world/Scenery using AIBTC, replaced the coordinates in the KLM-file with the new ones from my route and changed the number and filename accordingly. Also changed the boat names to AI_Gabriella and AI_Cinderella in the Boats file and adjusted the Plan file with the new number and appropriate schedule times (in GMT times). Then compiled the new BGL using AIBTC. Finally, I re-built the layout.json to get the new file included in it. Started the sim. Gabriella appeared at the end point of the route for a short while when I adjusted the time close to the start time in the schedule, but then it just disappeared, and haven't been seen since... I can find neither ship along that route. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong, or is it just not possible to do it this way? I attach the files I have produced if someone wants to study them.
I can't see you did anything wrong, the file looks fine, and the fact the ferry appeared shows that also the part taking it into MSFS worked... Problem is that the MSFS 2020 AI part is not very stable and the models do disappear in front of your eyes from time to time, and sometimes they don't show up, or a random ship from the same folder shows up - this is part of the reason we have not released an update yet. There are too many loose ends yet to be solved.

Country
finland
Fine, then I know that I am on the right track at least. I will try to add some more, shorter routes in this area. Can the same boat be used simultaneously in different locations?

Country
denmark
Fine, then I know that I am on the right track at least. I will try to add some more, shorter routes in this area. Can the same boat be used simultaneously in different locations?
yes, you can use it many times without problems... at least in P3D and FSX... it seems to be the same in MSFS, but no guarantees....:rolleyes:

Country
argentina
Good evening. A question to KL791, when do you expect to release a version of "Global AI ships" to MSFS2020? Thanks in advance

Country
finland
I have managed to add a few working routes now and also one new ship model that I have made. One more question - is it possible to make a route where the ship does not turn around but just travels forth and back between two points (a road ferry)?

Country
denmark
I have managed to add a few working routes now and also one new ship model that I have made. One more question - is it possible to make a route where the ship does not turn around but just travels forth and back between two points (a road ferry)?
I suppose you have a double ended ferry which does not need to turn around, however that is not possible - even using the command FERRY in the plan the ferry will back out to the first node on the route and then turn around.

Country
denmark
A late Merry Christmas to all... Today starts Beta Testing not of anything for MSFS but a complete set of around 200 ships from the sixities and routes across the world including e.g. New York, Miami, Havana, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Le Havre, Brest, Southampton for P3D and FSX...

20122606163916112917187747.jpg

SS Canberra in New York

20122606205316112917187757.jpg

Queen Mary by Erwin Welker in New York

20122606315616112917187783.jpg

German Navy ships by Erwin Welker near Kiel

20122605273516112917187675.jpg

A tug near Le Havre

20122606571016112917187850.jpg

Hydrofoils between Copenhagen and Malmo

20061410501616112916853843.jpg

20122606163916112917187745.jpg

20061410501516112916853841.jpg

Last edited:
Country
denmark
The beta test of the classic package continues... You can probably guess where...

21010303102316112917196558.jpg

21010303102316112917196559.jpg

21010302482716112917196530.jpg

21010302482716112917196531.jpg

21010302482716112917196529.jpg

Country
us-northcarolina
Fantastic!! Anything around VHHX...lol....have a new scenery and stunning..... There are some freeware ali501 is good freeware but the Redwing VHHX MSFS is nice..

BobM.