• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Resource icon

GeoimageProcessor - Water and Blend Mask Automation Tool 3.11

Hi all,
New version available with a helpful README.txt file

You can bulk process masks effortlessly.

I welcome your feedback. You can email me at geosimworks@gmail.com for any issues or comments and I will try to get back within 48 hours as I have a daytime job.

Download via the link above.

Cheers!
Many fixes and improvements to codebase.
Improved blending of masks with sim water.
Improved control of the mask parameters and distance correction.
Improvement to both single and multiple water type processing.

Enjoy!
Fixed a few timing issues with processing steps
fixed a looping issue in some cases where files already exist in output folders.
A whole bunch of improvements to the code structure.
improvement to default blend values making the blend settings slightly more sensitive, allowing more room for adjustment.
Fixed processing of mixed water types. Now should complete without errors and duplicated processing of files.
Fix inadvertent code error preventing process to complete.
This version has been fully tested to process single water type masks.
Currently testing the multiple water type mask creation as this too has issues, will release a fix for this in the coming week. (apologise for this, lost some code which broke the process).
Major bug fixed with duplicate processing of files for single mask processing.
Set default processing method to Single Mask (still some things to sort out with multiple water types based on feedback and more testing).
Added sample files to process a small area of New Zealand (top of the North Island) to demonstrate the required files.
- Added warning message if shapefiles are missing.
- fixed an issue with the metadata export timing, sometimes the processing would fail due. Added a thread sleep to handle this.

if you have version prior to 2.03b please replace with this one.
You can set memory limits as this app is memory intensive and will use everything you can give it.

I recommend setting the memory to 80% of your total capacity or at least 8GB. Set this in the appsettings.json config file in the program folder.

A default processing cycle can use ~6 - 6.5GB on my machine and no less than 4GB. The default setting is 4GB, processing that requires above 4GB will cache to the hard drive path specified in the config file. Caching does take longer so an SSD is suggested.

If you find the mask process slow then up your memory limit if possible or cache to an SSD drive.
Fixes a bug "object not set to a reference of an object" error processing FSET files.
Added functionality to remove final output mask files after processing based on the deletemaskfiles= setting in the appsettings.json config file. This way you can choose to keep the mask files or remove them to save storage space.

Also removed some unused processing files used in testing.