• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS ADE and FS2020

Country
southafrica
Thank you - we are not at the stage of having something to test but I will be asking for help in a week or two

Keep me in mind when you are looking for testers. I love the old ADE and want to see the new one become even better.

Country
unitedkingdom
Look forward to finally having a go, the wait for MSFS has been enough to make literally 1000s of people scream, and i honestly cannot wait to start using familiar tools to develop for this sim.

Mark

Hello Jon,

Will it be possible to modify MSFS airspaces with ADE?
New sim has several bgl files, containing boundaries data:
\\MSFS\Official\OneStore\fs-base-nav\scenery\world\
BoundariesAlert.bgl
BoundariesCenter.bgl
BoundariesClassA.bgl
BoundariesClassB.bgl
BoundariesClassC.bgl
BoundariesClassD.bgl
BoundariesClassE.bgl
BoundariesClassF.bgl
BoundariesClassG.bgl
BoundariesDanger.bgl
BoundariesMoa.bgl
BoundariesProhibited.bgl
BoundariesRestricted.bgl
BoundariesTraining.bgl
BoundariesWarning.bgl

Would be perfect if ADE will be able to open, modify and save these bgl files.

Regards

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Hi Jon I was wondering if there is any updates when ADE for MSFS 2020 might be available.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not really - development is slow due to other real world commitments

Country
germany
offering to help testing since I am an ADE customer and have developed the EDJA - Allgäu Airport which was...OMG...10 years ago... :)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
everything is fine, thanks for asking

Country
australia
I have been using the MSFS inbuilt developer tools, and I can tell you sincerely that it will be a great day when something like the old ADE is available instead.
Credit where it is due though - the sim and scenery itself is good, but so, so untested and lacking in basic quality assurance.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have been using the MSFS inbuilt developer tools, and I can tell you sincerely that it will be a great day when something like the old ADE is available instead.
Credit where it is due though - the sim and scenery itself is good, but so, so untested and lacking in basic quality assurance.

Country
brazil
Great news that you are developing ADE for the new sim Jon. Really appreciate your work over all these years with FSX &P3D, I fully understand that it will be ready when its ready, so take your time the end result has always been well worth any wait. All the Best.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Great news that you are developing ADE for the new sim Jon. Really appreciate your work over all these years with FSX &P3D, I fully understand that it will be ready when its ready, so take your time the end result has always been well worth any wait. All the Best.