Blender animations with bones problem with FSX

Hi,
I have a link problem between animations (one using bones and another one without bones) for the export to FSX.
Everything works correctly under Blender but it's completely erratic under FSX.
The export of the animation with bones alone works properly but once bound nothing goes anymore.
What is wrong? Have you any idea?

JMC

Attachments

krispy1001

Resource contributor
Hi Gastonj!

Going by your Blender test file as you can see below marked in red. You have not attached an animation tag to your objects. Without this animation tag FSX or P3D will not know what to do with your animation.

Thanks, Kris

1531320876877.png

krispy1001

Resource contributor
I also found that one of your objects does not have the correct scale. The scale should be 1.0 . And your object has a scale of 0.182 (See image below)

1531321847991.png

Thank's ! Yes, i did the change (scaling) but problem is still here! If you release the link between the 2 objects, animation for the 2 alone are correct. A question, is it possible to link a bone animation with another one (with bone or not)? !
JMC

PS : test with modelconverterx

Attachments

krispy1001

Resource contributor
OK, I also looked at your bones to see if you have animation tags for them. I do not see any animation tags for you bones in the FSX attributes. So this must not be your Blender file that you are testing with because you should have no animations working in FSX at all.

If you use bones you have to have animation tags attached to your bones; you do not need them attached to your objects. You also need to make sure in your materials that you set the check box for skinned mesh and than again there is another skinned mesh check box when you export the file to make you mdl file that must be checked.

I hope this helps.

krispy1001

Resource contributor
If I am understanding what you are asking. Yes you can animate an object without using bones. You just need to animate the object attach an animation tag to the object, make sure the object has a material. And it should work.

krispy1001

Resource contributor
I think I know what you are talking about now. Yes, you can have one animation follow that animation of another without having them linked. Yes you can. All you have to do is to make sure that you make key frames for each bone for each object. Then it will work just like you had them linked. Is this what you are asking?

Thank's! Yes! I have tagged the bones. The tag is elevator_percent_key. As you can see in the model files, animation works but the result is not correct. The problem is simulate the cable flexibility during the movement of the elevator command. Choosing bones seemed to be the best solution.
I will try what you say in post #7. The problem seems to be in the pivot point for each parts to animate, same location i suppose!
JMC

After many trials, no success! Perhaps no possibility to link an armature deformation with an animation of another object! It works perfect in Blender but erratic exported to FSX!
It seems that an animated object with the bones can't follow the movement of another object especially if they use the same FSX tag. Maybe I am wrong but I don't see the cure!

JMC