Does GPW convert correctly?

The problem will show itself when we look out of the virtual cockpit. You can move at low speed and notice it, although in the first I noticed it when taking off at high speed.
When we look from the camera spot, we may not see the problem until we zoom in close enough.

I hurried with the conclusion. During the test, I discovered that there is a reflection of the sun, but there is no shadow from the plane. And so there is no loss of textures.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I also looked around in the VC and I just tried to zoom a bit more as well. But I don't see any polygons missing or any flickering. Is it only in very specific locations or just anywhere along the runway?

Hello! It is in certain places. Approximately where the polygon is grouped by 500 m. On the screen I showed the exact places of fracture and loss of textures

Arno, I put two bgls in the package. One of them is for FSX. I did it specifically for comparison with bgl for Prepar 4.4. Maybe you accidentally view it? Because there are no bugs. Bugs are only in the file for P3D version 4.x

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I can reproduce it now. Looks like P3D just switches the MDL at the wrong moment. Let me check if the bounding box is correct.

A work around might be to disable the grouping option. Did you try that already?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have checked the bounding boxes, but they are right. Since it also happens with a BGL file made with the older SDK, I suspect this is a bug in the scenery engine in v4.4. It just unloads the model too quickly, while it is still in view.

Maybe as a workaround we can try to increase the bounding box, but it sounds like something LM should fix. You could try to change the bounding box sizes with RADItor for the ground polygon MDL file.

I have two ways around this. But with these methods I will lose in one shade, and in the other a reflection of the sun. And even the next layers will not be able to restore these visual effects.
And what you tell me about, I have not yet come across and do not know. I need to learn how to do it.
Arno, thank you very much for your help.

Try setting something a little larger than the object itself. Then increase until the unwanted effect goes away - sometimes that will be quite a bit larger.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I would try to increase the bounding box as well, I don't know if the engine uses the radius or bounding box to decide when to unload the object.

Arno, hello! I tried, increased the radius and reduced - no sense. Today I will try to write LM about the problem. I do not think that they will fix it, because I have only one problem, nobody else has one, but I will try.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I'll try to do a little more testing tonight, but if I think it's a bug in the engine I'll write on the P3D forum to LM.

Thank you very much, Arno! I will attach a few more bgl so that you see my experiences and results. It looks like this is really the engine to blame. Аchieve a result, but some effect disappears.