Does GPW convert correctly?

Thank you very much! But if i don’t go back to MCX, how can I adjust the location of my polygon?
And what to do next? How do I apply BGLcomp? I have always used only MCX and have no idea how to use BGLcomp

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
You place the polygon at the location you want with the GPW first. In MCX you make sure that in the exporter options you enable the KeepMDL and KeepXML options. Now with the BGL file also the sources are saved.

Then with RADItor you tweak the MDL as Tom explained. Once the MDL is modified, you compile the BGL file again using BGLComp (you need the XML and the MDL file for that).

If you don't know how to use the SDK tools like BGLComp, you better read a bit more in the SDK first.

Arno, I am eternally grateful to you and to everyone who tried to help me! You did it and I did it, friends! I'm certainly very happy that everything worked for me fully! I think that the problem has been solved at this stage, but I would not want to rush to completely close the topic, since this was only the first part of the of my project. As well as this topic can still be useful to someone to solve similar problems.
Guys, I have a working runway, this is fantastic! :) :wave:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I'll still continue to see if this is actually a bug in P3D. Increasing the bounding box is only a work around as I see it. If it's a bug, LM should be made aware of it. But I need to test a bit more to be sure it's a bug.

Hi Arno! I'm not hurrying! Of course, you can check and no matter how long it takes. I have now made two more layers using GPW in standard mode on top of my worker. I can also confirm that the first layers with the correction of bounding box remain stable, and new ones that are not corrected disappear as before. Now I will edit all the new added layers according to your method.

Just fixed two new layers - the runway works fine!
Arno, if this turns out to be a LM bug, it is not known when they will correct this error. I have a question - is it possible to add a new option in the GPW "Size of the bounding box x2"?
Sorry maybe this is brazen of me, but at the moment it’s very relevant. It's just like an idea ...

Last edited:
Hi,

I'll still continue to see if this is actually a bug in P3D. Increasing the bounding box is only a work around as I see it. If it's a bug, LM should be made aware of it. But I need to test a bit more to be sure it's a bug.
Hi Arno! Any news or changes? At the moment, I still have no problems in the work, only time takes a little more using RADItor.