P3D v4 GE View: 64 bit HttpX v2.2 and EarthProxy v1.3 FSX thru P3D v4

FOR ASSISTANCE INSTALLING GE VIEW, PLEASE START A FSDEVELOPER 'CONVERSATION' BY CLICKING THE INBOX IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE SCREEN.

SEND A MESSAGE TO rpmc THAT DESCRIBES THE ISSUE

HttpX64.dll, the 64 bit version of HttpX.dll, is available in attached zip.

HttpX.dll provides full duplex read/write capability of Flight Simulator Variables and Events across the panel set each update cycle via http protocol. It accommodates number and string values from A: (read), C: (read/write), E: (read), L: (read/write), P:Variables (read) and K:Key Events (write). It does not read .MDL exclusive L:Vars. HttpX works with FSX, FSXA, FSX Steam and P3D through at least v.4.2, but not FS9.

GE VIEW application: Also included is an update to EarthProxy.exe and Compound_Rotation.xml which provide the ability to toggle On/Off a Top-Down Google Earth view and to change the Eye Altitude of that view using the mouse scroll wheel. 360 degree pan views using the joystick HAT switch is also supported.

Additional information is here.

Thanks go to Robbie McElrath, author of HttpX.dll and EarthProxy.exe.

Bob

Attachments

Last edited:
Awesome!!!
Thank you for your effort rpmc!
;)
Do you accept any donations rpmc?
Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. We don’t ask for donations for ourselves, however, would you consider making a donation to support this website? All of us that use FSDeveloper.com get significant value out of it. For people like me, much more value out than we put in.

I know the Administrators would be grateful, in fact, all of the FSDeveloper user community would be. Information is found here.

Bob

Hello,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. We don’t ask for donations for ourselves, however, would you consider making a donation to support this website? All of us that use FSDeveloper.com get significant value out of it. For people like me, much more value out than we put in.

I know the Administrators would be grateful, in fact, all of the FSDeveloper user community would be. Information is found here.

Bob
Thank you -I will do that soon then!

Hi,
I much appreciate your efforts to make GE VIEW. Fantastic.

I am stuck on a glitch that I wonder if you could help me with. I downloaded the March 2018 update and placed HttpD.dll and XMLTools_FSX_v201 in the proper places in the FSX home folder. I made the required edits to dll.xml. First time I ran FXS, it asked permission to load both of these files as it should.

I placed the Compound_Rotation.xml in my plane (C172) panel folder inside a new GE VIEW folder and modified the panel.cfg file to include Window06=GE VIEW and the:
[Window06]
position=0
size_mm=110,90
visible=1
window_size_ratio=1.00
gauge00=GE VIEW!Compound_Rotation, 0, 0, 110, 90

When I run FSX with the C172, I can bring up the GE VIEW instrument panel by selecting it. It notes at the bottom that HTTP PORT: 54321 and HTTP v2.20 are set.

When I move the hat switch, it shifts the view in side the virtual cockpit as it should.

Now here is the problem. In the GE VIEW panel, the VIEW DIR remains at 82 regardless of hat switch position.

When I run Earth Proxy, everything loads properly. The little ball on the Flight Simulator Tracker folder is jiggering back and forth between yellow and green as it should when refreshing or whatever. The plane is positioned properly at the airport waiting to take off. But the view remains out the back of the plane.

If I take off, GE follows the plane nicely and the GE VIEW panel tracks all parameters correctly except the view direction will not change with hat switch.

So close and so far!

Please help. I think I am almost there.

Thanks!

I'm happy to help, but lets take the troubleshooting into a FS Developer Conversation - please check your FSDeveloper Inbox

When I get back to my PC I'll send you a pm in this forum. We can resolve it there. Easy fix ...

Hi, I can get P3D running, and Google Earth running in a separate window, and following my flight path. So it all seems to be working. However, please tell me how I get Google Earth to be my world view through the windows in Virtual Cockpit?

Nick,

Unfortunately, I have no way to do that. Some people have cobbled together a clipped 2D panel on the bottom ~ third of the screen and Google Earth on the upper two thirds. Separate windows. Looks goofy.

The guys at LM could make this work if they wanted I guess, but with no weather, no AI traffic, no good night time, and issues involving Google, etc, it will never be commercially viable.

Nevertheless, it's the only way I fly flight simulator anymore because I like to explore.

Cheers,

Bob

enjoying GE view, with p3d v4 its quite stuttery seems equivlent to 10 or 15 fps although I get smooth results within google earth flight sim, along with a second or two surge ever so often. After playing with the refresh rate 36, 9 and back to 16 they seem to be about the same as far as i can tell. Would it be better to try FSX instead possibly?
Yeah. I know what you're talking about regarding P3D v4. We're not sure what is causing it.

However, it does not occur in FSX or up thru P3D v3, all 32 bit Sims.

For FSX, you will need to download and install XMLTOOLs because I use a feature in that module to read the joystick movement. Additionally, the HTTPX module and the Compound Rotation gauge are different than those used with P3D v4.

Let me know if you get it running in FSX.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. If you could send a donation to the FSDeveloper site, everyone will be so grateful. Thanks in advance. Bob

-- we're still kicking around the 64 bit P3D v4 troubles... some day it will be solved

Hie, I tried to install Geview in the latest version of P3Dv4
I used the march 2018 GEview update, installed HttpX64.dll, but when I launch P3Dv4, I get a black square in the panel,
I believe it does not work for the latest version of P3D?
Best
Alain

Hello everybody
First of all, thank you for the amazing job. I'm new with FSX and forum. I need your help for GE VIEW with FSX.
I installed Httpx and Earthproxy with good results, I can see my position on google earth. The VIEW DIRECTION is correct when the HEADING is between 0° and 180°.
If the HEADING is between 180° and 360° the VIEW DIRECTION is inverted ( for example, with HEADING=270° the VIEW DIRECTION is 90°).
In this way I'm not able to navigate, because I look my back.
Could you help me?
Thank you in advance.

I sent you a pm in your FSDeveloper Inbox (upper right corner of the screen). Let's discuss there

FOR ASSISTANCE INSTALLING GE VIEW, PLEASE START A FSDEVELOPER 'CONVERSATION' BY CLICKING THE INBOX IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE SCREEN.

SEND A MESSAGE TO rpmc THAT DESCRIBES THE ISSUE

HttpX64.dll, the 64 bit version of HttpX.dll, is available in attached zip.

HttpX.dll provides full duplex read/write capability of Flight Simulator Variables and Events across the panel set each update cycle via http protocol. It accommodates number and string values from A: (read), C: (read/write), E: (read), L: (read/write), P:Variables (read) and K:Key Events (write). It does not read .MDL exclusive L:Vars. HttpX works with FSX, FSXA, FSX Steam and P3D through at least v.4.2, but not FS9.

GE VIEW application: Also included is an update to EarthProxy.exe and Compound_Rotation.xml which provide the ability to toggle On/Off a Top-Down Google Earth view and to change the Eye Altitude of that view using the mouse scroll wheel. 360 degree pan views using the joystick HAT switch is also supported.

Additional information is here.

Thanks go to Robbie McElrath, author of HttpX.dll and EarthProxy.exe.

Bob

Greetings;

I have everything working perfectly except the Hat switch.

I have the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X it works great IN the sim just not on Google Earth.

I tried disabling it in the Sim to no avail.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

HP

Let's discuss this in a pm ... check your FSDeveloper Inbox (upper right corner of the screen). Thanks