• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
Fantastic!! Anything around VHHX...lol....have a new scenery and stunning..... There are some freeware ali501 is good freeware but the Redwing VHHX MSFS is nice..

BobM.
In the first place it will only be available for P3D and FSX - some of the ships will not work in MSFS due to texturing and there are also route issues. Others I have already tested... e.g. the Star Ferries crossing the Hong Kong harbor... So it will come, but patience...

20100309025316112917064033.jpg

Country
denmark
Finished:D After 18 months the Global Classic AI Ship Traffic for P3D and FSX will be uploaded in the coming 48 hours. Beta was finished today. As a last add on routes for the Italian coast from Sicily to the French Riviera and Nice were added.

21011001222716112917206289.jpg

SS Canberra arriving at Nice

21011001363916112917206301.jpg

Royal yacht at Cote d'Azur

21011001222816112917206293.jpg

LPG tanker near the island of Capri

21011001222816112917206292.jpg

Hydrofoil ferry Capri - Naples

21011001533216112917206315.jpg

Steam tug in New York

Country
germany
Wonderful, Henrik!

You have really brought life to the seas in the flight sim world.

From mobile hence short

Country
australia
Amazing! Thanks for your outstanding package(s) Henrik. The shipping adds so much life to the flightsims.

Country
germany
Henrik, I’m already waiting for Ship AI, which will then be hurled once around the globe at lightning speed.😀

In the MSFS the earth is a disc - really

I didn’t really want to believe it, but now I have the optical proof.
I placed me in the air at -179 degrees and flew west.
Then I switched on Tracing in FS Flight Control and waited. Exactly at the date boundary I was beamed once around the world.

Thanks to my large 49 inch monitor, I can also display this

scheibe MSFS.JPG

Suddenly the whole path was faded in. What a visual voodoo this is with the MSFS.😍
Far from reality and it happens with every flight plan. But here I can fully recreate it.

And the FMS shows the same (user photo)
FMS.jpg

Copernicus put it better 500 years ago.

Last edited:
Country
denmark
Henrik, I’m already waiting for Ship AI, which will then be hurled once around the globe at lightning speed.😀

In the MSFS the earth is a disc - really

I didn’t really want to believe it, but now I have the optical proof.
I placed me in the air at -179 degrees and flew west.
Then I switched on Tracing in FS Flight Control and waited. Exactly at the date boundary I was beamed once around the world.

Thanks to my large 49 inch monitor, I can also display this

View attachment 67511

Suddenly the whole path was faded in. What a visual voodoo this is with the MSFS.😍
Far from reality and it happens with every flight plan. But here I can fully recreate it.

And the FMS shows the same (user photo)
View attachment 67512

Copernicus put it better 500 years ago.
So will my ships fall of the edge of the disc???? I heard some sailors warn about that... "If you sail too far to the West...." :D

Country
unitedkingdom
It would be great to get proper ships and boats in MSFS. Something that I would be prepared to pay for.

Regards
Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Country
denmark
Finally..... If above I write I will restart the MSFS shipping it is because I just uploaded the Global Classic AI Ship Traffic V1... 250 ships serving most of Europe, the US East Coast, the South East Coast of Brazil, Uruguay, and Argentina as well as South East Asia... A lot of additional models including Liberty ships, C1-A and C1-B freigthers and even an appropriate aircraft carrier for the period (provided by SkippyBing) were added in the last moment.

21013101193316112917238192.jpg

21013101173516112917238182.jpg

21013101173616112917238183.jpg

The Flying Enterprise listing dangerously before disappearing 60 kilometres South of Falmouth....

21013101173616112917238184.jpg

HMS Victorious leaves Gibraltar, model thanks to SkippyBing

Country
denmark
Sorry if I misunderstand you. Is the new Classic package available for MSFS?

Or are you saying that you will now start work on the MSFS version?

I will follow this thread with anticipation!

Thank you
Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Just P3D and FSX for the moment; some of the models are not convertible.

Country
denmark
Now also available on avsim: AVSIM Library

Next up MSFS - I have spent the evening on what I see as the mayor issue for the moment; MSFS messing up the textures so models do not show up with the right textures according to the sim.cfg and the traffic.bgl...

Country
denmark
MSFS version... We are now working on a simple "work around" version which will be able to put the right ships in the right spot... It will not be a native MSFS version but we will correct the following:
  • All models with BMP textures will be updated to display correctly - Done
  • All models with transparency issues will be updated to display correctly - WIP
  • All sim.cfg entries will be corrected to ensure proper display according to ai traffic schedule - WIP
  • All new models :D - yes we have a bunch of them - will be added
What will not be corrected
  • Effects will only display partly unless and update from Asobo will be released before we release the new version
  • Hard decks will not work
  • Lighting will still be based on the good old Light Maps
  • No fancy PBR textures... this is a simple transformation
I estimate we can launch in two-three weeks, but again we have 1250 sim.cfg entries to check and correct and check again...

20100309025216112917064028.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
Is there a list of all the routes included? I do a lot of flying around the south coast of England in msfs, and would love to see the Wightlink and Red Funnel ferries going to an from the Isle of Wight, or the hovercraft (the only commercial hovercraft in the world) doing it's high speed island service

Country
denmark
Is there a list of all the routes included? I do a lot of flying around the south coast of England in msfs, and would love to see the Wightlink and Red Funnel ferries going to an from the Isle of Wight, or the hovercraft (the only commercial hovercraft in the world) doing it's high speed island service
There will be a map with routes; we do have number of new Channel ferries in the Modern Package (Dover-Calais and Dover-Dunkirk), however there are no Channel ferries in the Classic package and unfortunately none of the mentioned are in any of the packs. Even if we are close to 1500 ships there are still a bit more out there to model :D

I have not had a chance to view but are any cruise ships included like Disney, Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, ect.. thanks

Country
argentina
I have not had a chance to view but are any cruise ships included like Disney, Princess, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, ect.. thanks
Not yet, there are general types of ships (cruises, containership. sailing vessels...), it is an improvement over the original model but not as good or realistic as Henrik's boats.