• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Global AI Ship Traffic FSX, P3D and MSFS2020

Country
denmark
Testing against real life... This is from the sim and from my local harbor this morning...

22111311300516112918048898.png

22111311291016112918048895.jpg

3ykUOb-Screenshot-20221113-085727.png

It took me a little to get to the harbor on my bike, so the light changed but still... :D

Country
italy
I have noticed it for some time in the sim ... now with I had some time to correct, verify it and make a short guide, I want to report it here so that anyone wants to do it before the release of the next version of Gaist Ship. I hope to please everyone and in particular our fantastic @KL791

In the simulator, in DEV mode, \Windows\Console disable all Warnings and Messages, leave only Errors active

In the search bar enter "Duplicate Section" go to the line as in the screen

Immagine 2022-11-13 113123.jpg

and then also with the sim open to the file ... / Sim.CFG as in the attached screen

Immagine 2022-11-13 113056.jpg

Make the change from fligtsim.9 to flightsim.10 and save. Restart the sim and this error is gone.

Country
unitedstates
I saw this video and thought of this project:

Is it possible to have any of these ships controllable?

Country
brazil
I saw this video and thought of this project:

Is it possible to have any of these ships controllable?
Yes, there is a player-controlled Sea Ray L510 Fly on the official MSFS marketplace and in the coming weeks a 400ft Mega Yacht and a deep sea tug will also be available there. Other player-controlled ships are in development, stay tuned on the Marketplace or my website. Regards and Happy New Year from Rio de Janeiro to everyone in this thread

Country
denmark
Yesterday we released the latest version of the bgl based Global AI Ship Traffic at flyawaysimulation.com - you can find it here https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24877/msfs-ai-ships-boats-global-traffic/

The newest release has the traffic divided into regional packages to ease load on systems and it has been updated to have more the 900 unique gltf models of ships and around 1800 different ships including repaints. New routes have been added though the focus has been on increasing diversity rather than density. Also the models have been prepared to work with real time tool from AIG - that will in turn give a possibility to have the most realistic shipping density to date...

GlklPb-Screenshot-2022-12-29-225456.jpg

We are still working on the real time version but this is how it looks now... @rodrigomoraes94 I hope your pilotable ships can go sideways because the only empty spot is at the end of the dock and our real time tugs unfortunately doesn't provide service to virtual sailors :D Feliz Ano Novo!
FlklPb-Screenshot-2022-12-29-230127.jpg

vBklPb-Screenshot-2022-12-23-163528.jpg

Last edited:
Country
denmark
After having launched today the version 3, focus is now on terminating the real time version and here is a preview from Singapore as night falls and lights illuminates the ships - these are all AI ships and the models present in the image represent less than 3% of the different models included in the project.

YOrlPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-162407.jpg

plslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-164607.jpg

2pslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-165240.jpg

O8slPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-171006.jpg

LOrlPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-162102.jpg

Country
germany
Just watched the video and I have to say, meanwhile MSFS will not be the same without all this fantastic ships and its movements/routes. Outstanding awesome - Outsome - work. Kudo!

Country
france
Hey! I dont know if you already did them, but are the MN TOUCAN & MN COLIBRI Modeled? (This are the ships bringing Rocket Parts to Kourou, and there is the CANOPEE too, brand new, wich will bring the Ariane 6 parts ).

When I look at the EILEEN C picture at port on MSFS, man the precicion is amazing !!!! I really cant wait for the Online version !!!!

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Some ships are suitable for taking very special perspectives. You could be tempted to make a steerable ship out of it :)

gaist_1.jpg

Country
france
I did it, created an account on FleetMon, now hyped to do some Ship spotting, seetung the lights when cruising over the ocean at night, seet the Suez & Panama canal with activities, landing iver all the anchoring ships etc. and the precision you show in your picture, you dont know how much I love GAIST!!! Keep up the good work!

Country
denmark
Hey! I dont know if you already did them, but are the MN TOUCAN & MN COLIBRI Modeled? (This are the ships bringing Rocket Parts to Kourou, and there is the CANOPEE too, brand new, wich will bring the Ariane 6 parts ).

When I look at the EILEEN C picture at port on MSFS, man the precicion is amazing !!!! I really cant wait for the Online version !!!!
I am always on the hunt for new interesting models - I didn't do those ones but could be as they are different than those I have in the package so far.

Ez8nPb-Screenshot-2023-01-04-104217.jpg