• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Lines and Ground Polygons

Country
australia
Hi,

After reading through threads and tutorials i have done everything by the book to get rid of them lines that are caused when creating ground polygons. Its getting better and after about 300ft i cant see any lines but below it at certain angles they are slightly visible however only on certain tiles. I have double checked gmax UV mapping and have pasted my tiles into the same tiles to create the outer edges in Photoshop.

Am i missing something?

Please view the attached photo

Attachments

• ref.jpg
    ref.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 443
Country
portugal
happened to me too. Tried everything still can't understand how there are scenerys whithout any of those white lines!

A

Aviasim

Do not remove the mipmaps, though this does not help I wouldn't recommend it.

What I do is, rescale my imagery tiles from 2048 (or 1024) to 2046 (or 1022), I then open each one in photoshop and add an extra 2 pixels (to return back to 2048 or 1024).
Duplicate your imagery tile, then select the layer underneath the one you have just duplicated and scale it to the edges.

Then in your modelling software's UVW editor, bring in the UVW's by 2 pixels on the applied texture.

The result is a non-intrusive way to deal with the lines without tampering with the actual layout and scale of the GP which does happen when the same method is applied without the 2 pixel border.
If you are using a lot of tiles, this can total up to a few meters out of place and cause mismatches in obvious areas.