• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Bell 407 V2.0

Country
ca-ontario
I often wonder how floatable helicopters land and do their thing as the floats are above the metal bars you land on..I guess it works..

Country
mexico
The float system nitrogen circuit it's almost done:
407_float_circuit_04.jpg

407_float_circuit_03.jpg

407_float_circuit_02.jpg

407_float_circuit_01.jpg

Some clamps here and there must be added; skid rung requires position tweaking...

I hope you like it.
Sergio.
:)

Last edited:

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
diabolically detailed !!
I would like so much to see one day a releve to my "DodoSim 206" :)
very good work
Cédrice.

Country
mexico
Hello lads!

Well, apparently there's nothing going on... but actually it is. I am working on 3D part animations in a very low pace; but happy to report that progress has been made. Since I found how Doug's Sound gauges can improve the cockpit ambience; now all buttons and almost every gauge in the 2D panel (where needed!) has sound effects :)

By the way, all work in 2D gauges has been finished! I needed to test everything first before to "translate" the code to their 3d equivalent... not always is easy for me. A lot of head aches still ahead o_O

Cheers!
Sergio.

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
I often wonder how floatable helicopters land and do their thing as the floats are above the metal bars you land on..I guess it works..
I don't think, most of the time, that the floats are made for "normal" ops. They're more of an emergency device.

If the bird is forced down, especially over/near a city, or forested area, water is a nice, big, open area for them to utilize for landing. Unfortunately, helicopters have a nasty habit of flipping over, and sinking rapidly, when they land on water. Look at the weight distribution of a helicopter. Heavy engine and transmission way up high, and a lot of empty space (no real weight, or floatation, to it) down below. Now look at the support the water provides the skids. None. Hence, over it goes. Gravity will prevail! ;)
Look up the Navy's Dilbert Dunker. Heck of an experience. Disorienting as all get out, no pun intended. Trust me on that! :eek: o_O
Think about how the visibility under water, with tons of little bubbles swirling past you in all directions, will affect a person. In a brief time, like an instant, you have no idea which way is "up", let alone how to get out of the helicopter. How long can you hold your breath while struggling to get out of the bird? Or even just your SEAT! Remember, you're blind, and disoriented. Everything that was sitting around in the cabin is swirling around your face, bumping into you, moving in all directions, adding to your confusion.
It darn near killed ME, when I went through it, and I was in peak shape, being recently out of boot camp. If it weren't for the safety divers, it would have. And this is in a nice, clear, relatively warm pool, with nothing in the "cabin" except the humans involved. No charts, equipment, flashlights, whatever. Now think about all that "stuff" in the cabin with you, in a lake, for example, with zero viz to begin with. AND the other humans fighting to do the same thing you are: GET OUT, FIND AIR!!!

Anywho, the floats Sergio is working so hard on modeling permit the helicopter to set down on a body of water, even though it's not normally designed to do so, without immediately flipping over and sinking. If nothing else, it allows the people in it to get out before it goes down, without the extremely disorienting experience of it flipping over while they're strapped in their seats. :yikes:

Does that answer your question, Darren?

Also, it just keeps looking better, and better, Sergio! I know I really appreciate the impressive, and difficult work you're doing. :wave:

Pat☺

Country
mexico
Hello Pat

Thanks for that brief insight (sad and troublesome indeed :oops:); nevertheless, it helps me to appreciate the truth behind it. By the description you made, I fully believe in what you said. Let's hope that people who might be in such nasty situation always find a way to stay safe and sound.

Greg, thank you kindly my friend! :)

Country
mexico
Good day lads

All tests done so far are going fairly well... some tweaks here and there but the overall animations are working. Now, we have full control to deploy floats
and perform a full start from the cockpit! All 2d panels are integrating nicely with 3d part animations. A lot of work ahead, but I am very happy with the
results.

Thank you all!
Sergio.

Country
unitedstates
Can't wait to see how it's going, Sergio! Your work on this, at least so far, is completely amazing. Keep up the great work. Your attention to detail is extremely impressive. Thanks for your work, no doubt.

Hello Pat

Thanks for that brief insight (sad and troublesome indeed :oops:); nevertheless, it helps me to appreciate the truth behind it. By the description you made, I fully believe in what you said. Let's hope that people who might be in such nasty situation always find a way to stay safe and sound.
Glad I could give a little assistance. I just hope I'm never in the flip over/sink scenario for real. The training was scary enough to make me never want to fly in a helicopter. At least not in the sims. I sure enjoy them IN the sim, though. No sinking :D

Pat☺

Country
mexico
Hello!

To everyone who is following this thread and/or is interested to help me:
Have you ever paid attention to the 407's audible alarms? Because I have them edited and already configured to be used with Doug's Sound Gauge. Sadly, I can't identify the events where they should be heard!!! o_O o_O o_O

In case a kind soul wanna hear them, I've attached a *.zip file with 3 wav files

In advance, thank you!
Sergio.
:)

Attachments

• Bell_407_Audible_Alarms.zip
    233.6 KB · Views: 211

euroastar350

Resource contributor
Country
us-delaware
Bro,

Send me a copy of the flyable B407 and I'll configure the horns. The Bell 206 (FS9/FSX) has them already ;)

Country
mexico
Send me a copy of the flyable B407 and I'll configure the horns. The Bell 206 (FS9/FSX) has them already ;)
Right away! However, would be nice to know the events where they are

Also, do you want the updates on the model? Because it's not finished yet...:stirthepo:stirthepo:stirthepo
- Gauges and 3d parts are not fully implemented.
- The 407 part dictionary isn't ready with the 2D panel integration.

However... with those things in mind, she is fully operative right now. Uploading the FS9 test versions!

For example, the whiskey compass and some additional parts (I was working on them before to take a break):
whiskey_compass_01.jpg

whiskey_compass_02.jpg

whiskey_compass_03.jpg

Both will take a while to upload o_O
Please, let me organize the files in the most efficient way I can...

Last edited: