• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Country
us-newyork
Thanks. Did you recently try switching your bicycle avatar for a ground vehicle without changing your EDGT route and plan? Maybe I'll try again with P3d 4.3 when I get back from vacation.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yes I have. Not for EDGT, but for the Jena project. The attached zip archive (p3dv4_route.zip) contains a valid plan, the SimObject list and the 3 routes. The files were compiled with aibtc to a BGL file.

Register the BGL file in the simulator, go to these coordinates in the simulator, set this time and see what happens:

Coordinates: N50° 55.28' E11° 35.42'
Time: 10:07:46

p3dv4_simobjects_ai_traffic.jpg

Attachments

• p3dv4_route.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 413
Country
us-newyork
Christian,

Thanks. Hi, I'm back from vacation. I tried that and I see 3 vehicles moving slowly down a highway, a tank, an armored personnel carrier and a yellow flatbed truck, so I must be doing something wrong when I set up my vehicles. I'm going to try to recompile with changing just the coordinates in the kml file to see if I can figure out what I am doing wrong.

EDIT: Well, that didn't work. I moved the entire route to near KALB, recompiled it with AIBTC and nothing shows up at all. I am using AIBTC 0.2 dated 2007.

Jay

Last edited:

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello Jay.

Did you create your own route adapted to your project, or did you use the coordinates from the example in Jena?

So, the aibtc.exe seems to be an older version for me:

ai_traffic_route_test.jpg

Country
us-newyork
Thank you for all your help on this. The only file that I changed was the KML file and I just translated the the LAT/LONG values to be close to KALB, an airport that I was familiar with. The vehicles appear, sit in one spot and then disappear. I'll try to move the points so that they are exactly on a roadway with existing traffic.

Country
us-newyork
Christian,
I think I figured out what is wrong on my end. I reread robystar's post on this topic in a previous thread full of posts about the same issue:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/vehicles-disappearing-aftersleep.119652/post-677165

And I think that his conclusion about the sensitivity of the relationship of vehicle speed to both the repeat frequency and track length is the key. It takes a lot of trial and error (at least for me) to get ground vehicles to move correctly. If everything isn't perfect, the vehicle just sits there and then disappears. It probably doesn't matter with boats, since the repeat frequencies and tracks are long and the speeds are slow.

Country
us-ohio
I know bumping old threads on forums is frowned upon but where can one download the cyclist please?

Thank you

KevinB

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Kevin.

The cyclists were added as an additional supplement to the Jena City project. Jena City is freeware: Bahrometrix - Jena City
The Jena Package also includes an Avatar (Harry) and a Porsche Carrera GT with and without PBR materials (P3Dv4 only).

p3dv4_jena_vehicles_avatars.jpg

Cycling Avtars, Avatar Harry and Porsche Carrera GT

porsche_carrera_gt_aussenmodell.jpg