• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Blender2P3D/FSX

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
It's the texture format for MSFS. For P3D you need a different set, and you'll still need to do the red-in-alpha copy of the normal map, which can't be done within the SP export preset - at least to my knowledge.

Country
france
Hi,
Exporting to P3DV5 seems to not set the "metallic" flag for metallic materials. Is it a problem?
JMC

Country
france
Has anyone managed to export animation with bones and vertex groups. I follow the doc method and it does not work while under Blender everything is perfect. Attached my blender file for test.
JMC

Attachments

• windsock.zip
    252.3 KB · Views: 170
Country
ecuador
Has anyone managed to export animation with bones and vertex groups. I follow the doc method and it does not work while under Blender everything is perfect. Attached my blender file for test.
JMC
Hi,
Before exporting your model, it is necessary to select at least the armature(s)...! The easiest way is to select the whole model with the "a" key... Then the export can be done, with the animation of the armature(s)...

Country
ecuador
Hi Otmar (@Vitus),
I can see that an object modified with bones from an armature works well in P3Dv5. But, if this same object is, in addition, related to the movement of a empty (parent), the movement caused by the empty works, but no more the modification of the bones...
Is there any way to do something...?

Country
france
Hi Otmar (@Vitus),
I can see that an object modified with bones from an armature works well in P3Dv5. But, if this same object is, in addition, related to the movement of a empty (parent), the movement caused by the empty works, but no more the modification of the bones...
Is there any way to do something...?
This is a problem that I have encountered for a long time, in particular to animate a broomstick with associated flexible pipes such as we encountered on French devices of the 1940s (hydraulic brake and firing pipes). This is a problem that has never been dealt with and that will probably never be seen as the work has mainly focused on materials (PBR, etc.) and now the current developer is focusing on MSFS ...the solution seems to be 3DSmax alas!
JMC

Country
pakistan
Blender2P3DFSX.li_export.ExportError: EXPORT ERROR! THe material is not Fsx or PBR. getting this kind of error not sure why. even tho i want non pbr model and disabled option is selected in protperties. any fix?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Blender2P3DFSX.li_export.ExportError: EXPORT ERROR! THe material is not Fsx or PBR. getting this kind of error not sure why. even tho i want non pbr model and disabled option is selected in protperties. any fix?
The only way this can be fixed is by adding it into the tool to address non-PBR for P3D or using MCX.

Country
pakistan
ok so i figured out by editing the python file. but now model opens up perfectly in MCX after exporting from Blender. but now i got no textures exported why is that?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
If the textures are not exported with the model then I can only assume that you haven't figured out how to edit the python file correctly.

Country
pakistan
If the textures are not exported with the model then I can only assume that you haven't figured out how to edit the python file correctly.
XD yea ig so, i just replaced the word PBR with Disabled as in Blender it shows 3 options PBR Disabled and Specular

Country
pakistan
basically im converting a xplane Freeware scenery to P3D. when i open the xplane scenery in MCX the textures seems to be broken. then i figurred out to open Xplane objs in Blender using their plugin. The object loads perfectly in its finest form. but then when i try to eexport from blender using Collada or Obj format the textures again seems to be broken. then i thought why not export directly to MDL or BGL format from blender. found this amazing tool but now stuck with pbr option. i dont wanna go into that texturing stuff etc just want a non pbr

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The problem is: the options that are shown: Disabled, PBR, and Specular are going to a specific sub-routine based on those options. Disabled will not work at all for any of the SDK. PBR, of course, would, but not in your case because you don't want to use it. Specular will not because it specifically will only go through FSX & FSX: Steam SDK.

Country
pakistan
The problem is: the options that are shown: Disabled, PBR, and Specular are going to a specific sub-routine based on those options. Disabled will not work at all for any of the SDK. PBR, of course, would, but not in your case because you don't want to use it. Specular will not because it specifically will only go through FSX & FSX: Steam SDK.
Hmm, i may then use 3Dmax cause it uses p3d plugins which will be helpful as it exports directly into MDL format from 3dmax so ig thats the last option i could try. Anyways thanks for the help

Country
unitedstates
First off, I am very, very new to Blender. I have been with P3D (now at v5.1 w/HF1) since the beginning and before that MS. I am eager to learn more and use the power of Blender. That said, I have the latest release of Blendar and install the Blender2P3D/FSX from a download in this forum. I went to the Blender addon and checked this addon. Then from the opening Blender screen, I hit N and nothing has appeared.
What have I dont wrong?
Are there any C++ redist. required?
Any insight / suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
I have the latest release of Blendar and install the Blender2P3D/FSX
Sorry but the latest official version is 2.93.4 and Blender2FSX/P3D is created for 2.83.x
If you test with the 2.83.14 it should work.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
The Toolset works with both of the LTS v2.83.xx and v2.93.x. Did you activate the toolset after installing it?

When you press the 'N' key was the cursor in the viewport?

Last edited: